Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just drove an 11 cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I agree with most of the posts already. And also that women love RR's. I had a RRSC non-sport and it was in the shop plenty for small but annoying issues and once I asked the service writer if other owners of my similar car had the issues I had, and he said that yes but I was lucky because the sport model was much worse. He also said that the sport model had many more problems that were much costlier and annoying (replacing brakes and tires almost every 7k miles).
Unfortunatley I traded it in for the Lexus LX just 1 month before the new Cayenne came out. I like the Lexus but would much rather have the Cayenne TT.
Anyway good luck convincing her not to get the RR, it is something she will regret. I noticed a lot of wives bringing in their RRsports in for service and looking very annoyed.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 PM
mxs508porsche is on a distinguished road
tell her that if anything happens to the RRS she has to take it in to the dealer and deal with it herself. she'll think twice. if all else fails, tell her that Ellen Pompeo from Grays Anatomy drives one.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
I have to strongly disagree with most of you, my experience with my rrs was excellent. No issues what's so ever. My x5 however was a nightmare, it lost power and practically shut down while I was doing 60miles on the highway. Serious electically and mechanical issues every other month.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
skier is on a distinguished road
Went through two Discovery(s) over the years, two X5 4.4i, two Audi A4 wagons, and now the GTS.

Both Discos had a ton of issues, from coolant system to roof leaks to exhaust system. My 04 X5 was a dream without a single issue. However, the second X5 was in and out of the shop for transmission issues, so I got rid of it. Never an issue with the Audis but both were low mileage leases. GTS, no issue other than my "Check side lights"....but no mechanical problems other than some shorting with my aftermarket amp and subwoofer

Old 07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
mxs508porsche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by skier
Went through two Discovery(s) over the years, two X5 4.4i, two Audi A4 wagons, and now the GTS.

Both Discos had a ton of issues, from coolant system to roof leaks to exhaust system. My 04 X5 was a dream without a single issue. However, the second X5 was in and out of the shop for transmission issues, so I got rid of it. Never an issue with the Audis but both were low mileage leases. GTS, no issue other than my "Check side lights"....but no mechanical problems other than some shorting with my aftermarket amp and subwoofer
why did you get the 2nd Discovery knowing you had so many problems with the first? I've heard tons of complaints about the X5 but I've had a 05 model and a 08 and both have been pretty much trouble free. And I drive the crap out of it too as a DD.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
skier is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mxs508porsche
why did you get the 2nd Discovery knowing you had so many problems with the first? I've heard tons of complaints about the X5 but I've had a 05 model and a 08 and both have been pretty much trouble free. And I drive the crap out of it too as a DD.
My wife (girlfriend at the time) had one as well. I didn't actually buy one and then buy another...

Old 07-22-2010, 04:36 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with the RR all day long and twice on Sunday. However I don't care for the sport or the SC. I'd do the standard HSE, couple years old....anything over an '04. Save a few bucks, get a really great car.

J

Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 AM
silver1331 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
I have to strongly disagree with most of you, my experience with my rrs was excellent. No issues what's so ever. My x5 however was a nightmare, it lost power and practically shut down while I was doing 60miles on the highway. Serious electically and mechanical issues every other month.
I have an 08 RRS SC and was planning on buying a new 2011 RRS SC but given the posts i figure i should really check out the 2011 Cayenne as i've never driven one. I've never had any issues with my RR in the 3 years of ownership, but the car only has 16k miles. How does the cayenne hold up in residual...the sports have been pretty strong. Granted I dont drive too much but i paid 68k in Aug 07 for the car and could probably get 45k for it today. 23k in 3 years isnt too bad. Are the cayennes comparable?

Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silver1331
How does the cayenne hold up in residual...the sports have been pretty strong. Granted I dont drive too much but i paid 68k in Aug 07 for the car and could probably get 45k for it today. 23k in 3 years isnt too bad. Are the cayennes comparable?
When I bought my 04' CTT in 06' it had 21000 miles on it, then I paid 59,900 for it, half of what it was new. Now its worth roughly 35K. I can, but don't buy new for this reason alone, having the status of brand new doesn't outweigh the cash loss to say you bought it new. Mine was immaculate when I bought it and is still excellent shape. This being said if your looking for the best value, buy used, if your cash overflowith than buy new. Just my own personal opinion and feeling towards all new cars.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
So your avatar and name.........Is that a tourbillion watch? The kind that can still accurately read time without the need for gravity?

If so, go get the TURBO S 2011..........you have the investment capability.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
medtech is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute!

If she gets the RR, you get a Spyder?

That's a no brainer! Let her get the RR! Enjoy!

I just drove my buddy's Boxster Spyder w/ PDK through the So Cal mountains, and Holy Sh*t that thing is awesome!!

It will be well worth the frustration and dissappointment of the RR, trust me.