Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How to Disable Pads wear sensor ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Mz3bo is on a distinguished road
How to Disable Pads wear sensor ?

Hi,

I changed my brake pads with Hawks PC and at the time I did the install, I did not have access to the pads sensor. Since it was not possible to get them fast, I decided to go ahead and just not use them. I secure them safely with tie wraps ( all four corners ) but to my surprise, when I started the truck, the pads wear warning came on again. Anyone knows how to avoid the msg ?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Loop the wear sensor wires together. Normally they are a complete circuit. They wear through when the pad gets thin breaking the circuit.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Cole,

Not too sure about what you are saying. Each corners has two pads and on each pads, there are 1 sensors. Wich mean, the front right has 2 sensors, as well as it is for the rest. What do you want me to do ?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Cut the sensor wire, strip the insulation back, twist the wires together. Done. I usually cut the wires just past where the sensor plugs into the main harness about an inch, strip the insulation, and solder the wires together. This is all done on the sensor wire. Do this on each wheel. Get rid of the old part that plugs into the brake pads.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Yep! PorscheDoc has it right.

Just to expand on it a touch so you are totally clear. If you look at where the little "sensor assembly" plugs into the car you will see that the connector is only two wires.

As Doc said, just cut the replaceable piece and twist the connection together.

All the "sensors" are just looped wire inside a piece that connects to the pad. When the pad wears down it cuts through the wire creating an "open" connection. To turn off the warning you just need to close that loop again.

.......just remember that you don't have wear sensors anymore.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:44 AM
All Done.. Thanks for the help it is now working as like it should !