Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Some Q's about the 11 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Some Q's about the 11 Turbo

1. There is an option for automatic rear passenger window shades - are there manual ones that come standard? We have a newborn and shades would nice.

2. Porsche is infamous for publishing conservative 0-60 times. Is the 4.4 a conservative time for the '11 TT?

3. I know the Burmester is out of this world - how is the Bose? I had the Bose in my 04 S and it was the best sound system I have ever had... 10x Better than my RR's 700+Watt Harmon Kardon which I consider as mediocre.

4. Does the interior have ambient lighting? Is it noticealble and what color is it? I have the comfort light package on my build. From pictures it looks like the new interior lighting scheme is an ice blue.. is that accurate?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
1. There is an option for automatic rear passenger window shades - are there manual ones that come standard? We have a newborn and shades would nice.

2. Porsche is infamous for publishing conservative 0-60 times. Is the 4.4 a conservative time for

3. I know the Burmester is out of this world - how is the Bose? I had the Bose in my 04 S and it was the best sound system I have ever had... 10x Better than my RR's 700+Watt Harmon Kardon which I consider as mediocre.

4. Does the interior have ambient lighting? Is it noticealble and what color is it? I have the comfort light package on my build. From pictures it looks like the new interior lighting scheme is an ice blue.. is that accurate?

Thanks in advance!
The automatic ones replace the old manual ones. Either get auto or nothing.

2. Feels like it don't know for sure. Gps it when you get it.

3.Lows in the base seemed to strong to me so I had to turn it down. Sounds great to me but I'm no audiophile. There are write ups on this with detailed explanations. I won't try.

4. Different lighting but same effect as comfort package on my gts.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Any more feedback?

Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
When you ask and answers are delivered with accuracy what more do you need? Ask some more questions and we'll answer more for you. send the rep points if you agree and ask more questions....

Last edited by Jace; 10-17-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
The automatic ones replace the old manual ones. Either get auto or nothing.

My old S had no manual ones. So there are no manual ones in the 11 TT?

2. Feels like it don't know for sure. Gps it when you get it.

Anyone know for sure?

3.Lows in the base seemed to strong to me so I had to turn it down. Sounds great to me but I'm no audiophile. There are write ups on this with detailed explanations. I won't try.

4. Different lighting but same effect as comfort package on my gts.
Nice but i have never been in your GTS

Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am no audiophile, but one of the biggest draws for the 2011 Cayenne for me/my family is the BURMESTER system. No other system comes close to it. It is a must have in my books. What is another 3K difference when compared to BOSE if thats getting you a system that is installed in a Bugatti Veyron. If you never listen to music then obviously a waste of money. So to follow-up on your previous thread, did you get the PDCC, PTV ?

..and Oh BTW, I'm still waiting for your '02 Dodge Ram.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I am no audiophile, but one of the biggest draws for the 2011 Cayenne for me/my family is the BURMESTER system. No other system comes close to it. It is a must have in my books. What is another 3K difference when compared to BOSE if thats getting you a system that is installed in a Bugatti Veyron. If you never listen to music then obviously a waste of money. So to follow-up on your previous thread, did you get the PDCC, PTV ?

..and Oh BTW, I'm still waiting for your '02 Dodge Ram.
w00t - what's another $4k burmester, whats another $5k sport package, what's another $7k pccb!?! I should hire you as my financial advisor!! lol

I decided against PDCC / PTV because I will eventually get a 911 and will opt for the advanced performance functions on that. I am pretty young and the CTT is not going to be my last car plus I have plenty of ways to better use the funds you keep advising me to pile into my new ctt.

Dodge ram is on its way but on autopilot, should be there soon =)

Old 10-17-2010, 01:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I have the burm, the PDCC, PTV, PASM, air susp, Burm, natural leather, pano roof and still save $$ compared to your build. Who needs a turbo, who needs a PCCB. Not me. I don't think you will be disappointed if u hire me as your FP. But I won't say yes to that until I see your Dodge at my doorstep.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:11 AM
ventuje is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I have the burm, the PDCC, PTV, PASM, air susp, Burm, natural leather, pano roof and still save $$ compared to your build. Who needs a turbo, who needs a PCCB. Not me. I don't think you will be disappointed if u hire me as your FP. But I won't say yes to that until I see your Dodge at my doorstep.
Nobody **needs** the turbo; it's just nice "to have" see!?

Old 10-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I need it. ;-)

Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
When you ask and answers are delivered with accuracy what more do you need? Ask some more questions and we'll answer more for you. send the rep points if you agree and ask more questions....
Been on the forum so many years and i just found out about the rep points...more shocking is that i have none

Old 10-24-2010, 11:28 AM
GAve you some...

Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 PM
copasetic222 is on a distinguished road
I need it. ;-)
Agreed!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I can see how people who drive the turbo will be conditioned by its power. To each his own as they say. I would take a better handling car anyday and the CS with all performance options will handle better than a base CTT. I actually underspent (compared to a lightly optioned turbo) on my CS and got it fully loaded in terms of performance (PASM, air-susp, PDCC, PTV) and frills (heated steering wheel, panor roof, natural leath, voice ctrl, vent seats etc) and safety (rear side air bags, adaptive cruise ctrl, LCA, etc). I hope to keep this for a long time (god willing) as a purely weekend family cruiser and this vehicle wont see any action on the weekdays. Resale if not a factor for me. I also drive through more innumerable twisties over mountain passes and can't stand bodyroll (PDCC) and anything less than a stellar steering response (PTV). Unfortunately I've been spoilt by the C4S and drove a base CS and CTT (without PDCC, PTV) and the body roll (without PDCC) was very obvious. My understanding is that even the steering response is that much more crisp with the PTV. My family loves music hence went with noise insul to complement the Burmester which again in my opinion is to die for. I knew my priorities given my circumstances/personal taste and am sure you all do too.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 10-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I would certainly have your build over a base turbo. Options make the vehicle even more than what it already is. That's why I put about $30k of options into my turbo build. Ended up being about $130k before tax after negotiations. Before negotiations it was $6k more.Hope to keep this longer than I have my GTS.

Last edited by Jace; 10-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some Q's about the 11 Turbo