Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Primary Cat Delete / Downpipe Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Primary Cat Delete / Downpipe Options?

So far, the only option I can find is the Supersprint ones here:

http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/243

Does anyone else make downpipes that delete the primary cats?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:10 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
just a suggestion...why not just go all the way from downpipe all the way to the back...mandrel bends...one time expense......imho

Old 12-13-2010, 05:11 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy

Are you looking to run with no cats at all? I know both fabspeed and Sharkwerks make secondary cat bypass deletes.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pakundo
just a suggestion...why not just go all the way from downpipe all the way to the back...mandrel bends...one time expense......imho
Already have Sharkwerks 2nd cat bypass pipes. I think what you are describing would be (1) more work than you think and (2) louder than I would like since this is my wife's car.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by 11CayenneS
Are you looking to run with no cats at all? I know both fabspeed and Sharkwerks make secondary cat bypass deletes.
Yes, no cats at all. I'm sure the primaries are killing some power especially at this power level, and they are definitely hurting spool times.

Fabspeed does make replacement primary "sport cats" but they are $2,295...give me a break. I never thought I would say that anything Supersprint makes is less expensive. Granted, Supersprint's have no cats.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
S-B-D will become famous soon enoughS-B-D will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy

Actually, these look interesting to me.....

http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/376

anyone have any insight?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Seriously....too pricey...go to a muffler shop...more likely its less than (half) the price(installed and less headache).....and the good thing ..is you establish friendship/comm...

another option..you source the material yourself...just my IMHO...

if i'm to build it a fast pepper...this is what i do...(keeping cost down)

headgasket first...(option to get heads done or keep it stock)custom from cometics
piggyback fuel controller additional injector/s(to eliminte chip tuning)
upgrade (intake side)turbo(preferably from turbonetics)ball bearing would be nice..
bigger intercooler

then last will be dyno...

cost effective will be running juice(nitrous)progressive setup....

Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
Primary deffo restrict power more than the secondary cats. When I had my S4 2.7 twin turbo I gutted ( I used a flat headed 25mm drill, easy enough to do) my primary cats. I could run 2 Degrees more ignition advance with no det. 2 degrees is prob worth arond 15 to 20bhp.

I also put on de-cat pipes for the secondary cats and re-fitted the cats for MOT time. I intend doing the same on the cayenne.

Gutting the primary's is free. Ok gutted cats may disrupt flow but still will be miles better than cats.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by paulmc
Gutting the primary's is free. Ok gutted cats may disrupt flow but still will be miles better than cats.

+1 or the other option is to take off the stock downpipe and have a pipe welded in the cats place. Probably that is the cheapest and best bang-for-buck option.

Last edited by FastHackem; 01-10-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: smaller quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by paulmc
Primary deffo restrict power more than the secondary cats. When I had my S4 2.7 twin turbo I gutted ( I used a flat headed 25mm drill, easy enough to do) my primary cats. I could run 2 Degrees more ignition advance with no det. 2 degrees is prob worth arond 15 to 20bhp.

I also put on de-cat pipes for the secondary cats and re-fitted the cats for MOT time. I intend doing the same on the cayenne.

I take it your state inspection happened in a dark ally somewhere

Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Our emissions check is not as strick as some. We can mod anything we like as long as it still complies with the MOT test. Yes I suppose if i get stopped and they check and find I have no CATS I could be in trouble but I have more chance of winning the lotto

Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Here in Texas they just plug a scan tool into the OBD port and as long as you dont have a CEL you will pass. I do it every year with my WRX totally decatted and pass. I have a Cobb tune and it eliminates the cat CELs. You can also do a O2 resistor mod and eliminate the CEL. I do though have to slide a few bucks to the inspector to pass my window tint. Nothing a quick 20 can't fix. LOL!!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
My tuner will fix the cel light. If not I have 2 adapters i bought in the US ( could not find them anywhere in the UK) that moves the second Lambda away from the gas flow and supposedly fixes the cel associated with de-catting. Not tried them yet

OBD scanner would be easy, we get an pipe up the exhaust to read emissions

Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
BINGO !new business plan - I need to make a fake ODB port that throws no codes.
I can see the infomercial in my head already.

"just plug the port-o-nator into any standard USB slot and with the provided software, select your vehicle and push upload. It's just that easy!"

Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
jbwhiton is on a distinguished road
Downpipe Options!

Hey has no one heard of Leistung Motorsports in CO? Check out their downpipes. Pretty reasonable to get 2 for ~$900. Anyone tried these out?

http://leistungmotorsports.com/955-c...ary-cat-delete

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Primary Cat Delete / Downpipe Options?