Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dezigns
why is this issue only relegated to the 2003-2006 Cayennes? Was there an upgrade to the 951 generation (see signature)?
You're cluttering up the thread. This has nothing to do with 944/951/968's.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
The local dealership service manager tells me they replace and repair the coolant pipes for $2,000. When I told him about collateral damages as high as $9,000, his remark was telling, "That's when they overheat them!"

Always blame the patient.

I informed him of the starter and transmission seals being destroyed by the leaking coolant and cited the Dec issue of excellence.

While they've seen many coolant pipe repairs on CayenneS's (and this is cold weather), they've not seen this problem on Toureg's. In this the VW is superior.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Interesting first post....

Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
That is BS... mine never overheated and I shut down the motor within 60 seconds of the pipe failure.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-cayenne.html

I also had the coolant system pressure checked by my dealer in the early summer to just see if it was okay. No warning, and they failed! Also, my dealer said it was common for the starter to eventually fail due to the coolant pouring over it. They recommend starter replacement when the coolant pipes fail. The transmission seals are not as common to fail but there are instances of it if you search the forums.

This is clearly a design defect from Porsche... has nothing to do with us owners!

By the way, I did trade in my Cayenne for a 2010 Touareg TDI... loving it so far!

Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM
porschetech will become famous soon enough
i agree its a poor design and unfortunately it took them a while to come out with a decent retrofit kit......but a class action lawsuit?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know when the fix was first offerred?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:04 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porschetech
i agree its a poor design and unfortunately it took them a while to come out with a decent retrofit kit......but a class action lawsuit?
Absolutely,brilliant idea

Old 12-30-2010, 09:27 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Class action lawsuits may be brought in federal court if the claim arises under federal law, or if the claim falls under 28 USCA § 1332 (d). Under § 1332 (d) (2) the federal district courts have original jurisdiction over any civil action where the amount in controversy exceeds $5,000,000 and either 1. any member of a class of plaintiffs is a citizen of a State different from any defendant; 2. any member of a class of plaintiffs is a foreign state or a citizen or subject of a foreign state and any defendant is a citizen of a State; or 3. any member of a class of plaintiffs is a citizen of a State and any defendant is a foreign state or a citizen or subject of a foreign state.[1] Nationwide plaintiff classes are possible, but such suits must have a commonality of issues across state lines. This may be difficult if the civil law in the various states lack significant commonalities. Large class actions brought in federal court frequently are consolidated for pre-trial purposes through the device of multidistrict litigation (MDL).[citation needed] It is also possible to bring class action lawsuits under state law, and in some cases the court may extend its jurisdiction to all the members of the class, including out of state (or even internationally) as the key element is the jurisdiction that the court has over the defendant.

The procedure for filing a class action is to file suit with one or several named plaintiffs on behalf of a proposed class. The proposed class must consist of a group of individuals or business entities that have suffered a common injury or injuries. Typically these cases result from an action on the part of a business or a particular product defect or policy that applied to all proposed class members in a typical manner. After the complaint is filed, the plaintiff must file a motion to have the class certified. In some cases class certification may require discovery in order to determine its size and if the proposed class meets the standard for class certification.
Upon the motion to certify the class, the defendants may object to whether the issues are appropriately handled as a class action, to whether the named plaintiffs are sufficiently representative of the class, and to their relationship with the law firm or firms handling the case. The court will also examine the ability of the firm to prosecute the claim for the plaintiffs, and their resources for dealing with class actions.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
I think I've been part of 10 or more "classes" in recent history, and the settlements were always structured to the benefit of the defendant.

So I predict PCNA offers a settlement of $2,500 for every one of us... but only valid toward a new 2011 Cayenne purchase. Or toward your next service at a P-Dealer. Plus a free set of coils in a woodgrain/brushed alumnium collector's box.

That said...I'm in for the ride.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
I have not yet experienced this fun on my Cayenne and would prefer a proactive approach from Porsche. Count me in.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by seankrider
I think I've been part of 10 or more "classes" in recent history, and the settlements were always structured to the benefit of the defendant.

So I predict PCNA offers a settlement of $2,500 for every one of us... but only valid toward a new 2011 Cayenne purchase. Or toward your next service at a P-Dealer. Plus a free set of coils in a woodgrain/brushed alumnium collector's box.

That said...I'm in for the ride.
I'd take that all the way to the dealer and get the service done NOW--if it were offerred.

I'd take that all the way to the dealership and get my pipes changed NOW--if offerred.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
yaser116 is on a distinguished road
i baught my 06 cayenne tt in may from chicago cars direct drove it all the way to buffalo had the car for 3 days and my coolant lines burst. took it to the local porsche dealer out here in buffalo cost me 2300 with a brake booster line replace so u can count me in aswell

Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yaser116
i baught my 06 cayenne tt in may from chicago cars direct drove it all the way to buffalo had the car for 3 days and my coolant lines burst. took it to the local porsche dealer out here in buffalo cost me 2300 with a brake booster line replace so u can count me in aswell

$200 discount - not bad.

But did they rupture on the drive to Buffalo, or once you made it?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
yaser116 is on a distinguished road
i drove it back by thursaday night didnt drive it the next day drove a lil saturday then the ruptured sunday on my first day off with it.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yaser116
i drove it back by thursaday night didnt drive it the next day drove a lil saturday then the ruptured sunday on my first day off with it.
how many miles on your pre-owned 06 TT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit