Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
To date - 6 with the average person also having to go in for transmission seals.
Count me in!
My local dealer just called me with a $3,000 estimate (and that's assuming they don't have to change the torque converter!! F them!
Bottom line is the coolant pipe design is flawed and as a result the leaking coolant caused my transmission seal to go. It's all connected to the same root-cause.

Porsche needs to sack up and take ownership for cutting corners with plastic coolant pipes. In essence the fact that the new models have aluminum pipes is an admit of guilt that they screwed up.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
The most disturbing fact is that Porsche already knew about this issue early on, didn't even bother to implement the updated parts (aluminum coolant pipes) on the late 2006 built models.
The updated parts were available to be purchased, might be a good business strategy but this is just a dirty trick which should be brought to court IMHO!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Up to 22 Entries now - Spread the word !

Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Silver TT is on a distinguished road
Anyone else who's coolant pipes have blown, did it start as a slow leak and get worse or was it one big crack that appeared at once and you knew right away by engine overheating or smoke or something?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Mine haven't gone yet, but I have heard of them totally BLOWING while going down the road and I have heard one should check often for leaks to catch the event before serious damage occurs. And there are many who don't notice anything until their starter goes or their transmission acts up.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
25 entries. I posted this also on renntech yesterday. Perhaps more to come.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
+1 on smart sheet.... i understand companies need to make money; however, we pay quality money for a quality product. Issue should be addressed.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:57 PM
EMart is on a distinguished road
Just had mine replaced a few weeks ago at the dealer. I noticed a very small leak and took it in a couple days later. Luckily nothing else was damaged. I'll add my info to the smart sheet later on.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
in the post at rennlist (sticky) - one forum member have listed his lawyer's info re: class action re: this coolant pipes.. anyone read that? i posted a comment.. anybody thinks that we can approach/use his lawyers?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
dmcintosh is on a distinguished road
Class action suit filed!

Hey Guys,
I've also posted this on Renn List, but figuered you guys would be interested here too. My lawyer has filed calss action suites in NY and NJ, and we are currently working to file in California. The more people that join in the better. here is my lawyers contact info, feel free to contact them and become part of the case.

Here are some details on the case my lawyer filed:

1. This class action is brought by Plaintiff seeking damages and equitable relief on his own behalf and on behalf of all others similarly situated who have purchased Porsche Cayenne vehicles ("Class Vehicles"), which includes all Cayenne models manufactured by Porsche.
2. Porsche manufactured all Cayenne models with plastic coolant tubes rather than aluminum coolant pipes as part of the vehicle’s cooling system.
3. Porsche installed the plastic coolant tubes knowing that the tubes will prematurely degrade and fracture. This failure causes coolant fluid to leak, often resulting in coolant seeping directly into the vehicle’s starter and seals causing possible engine damage and engine failure. When Cayenne owners present their vehicles for repair or replacement, they cannot purchase the same plastic coolant tubes installed by Porsche. Rather, Cayenne owners are forced to purchase an “update kit” from Porsche that essentially replaces the plastic coolant tubes with aluminum coolant pipes for all Cayenne models.
4. Porsche knows that consumers will be forced to purchase the costly aluminum coolant pipes and incur significant labor costs. Despite this knowledge, Porsche made a corporate decision to conceal this knowledge from consumers. Moreover, Porsche chose not to warn consumers of the potential dangers of a sudden coolant spill directly into the starter. Porsche contains to promote the Cayenne engine and its component parts as safe, reliable and free from material defects.
5. As a result of Porsche's practices, Plaintiff and Class members have suffered injury in fact and have lost money or property, including economic damages. Moreover, Porsche has committed consumer fraud and unjustly enriches itself under the laws of New York.

Here is my lawyers contact info if you would life further details on the case:

Jeanne M. Christensen, Esq.
Schlanger & Schlanger, LLP
Main Phone: 1-800-685-2580 | Email: jeanne@schlangerlegal.com
www.NewYorkConsumerProtection.com
Westchester Office:
1025 Westchester Ave., Ste. 108
White Plains, NY 10604
Fax: 914.946.2930 Manhattan Office:
100 Church St., 8th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Fax: 212.500.6114

Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
^^ that's it!!! thanks dmc!!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Just e-mailed that attorney a lengthy note. I bought mine in CA when I resided in AZ. Now, I am in AK.

OK?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Just e-mailed that attorney a lengthy note. I bought mine in CA when I resided in AZ. Now, I am in AK.

OK?
Does anyone know?? does it matter where the car is or where it was purchased? I live in NE but i do believe it was originally from Cali..

Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
My question: Are there more than one attorney working on this?

The reason I ask is because I thought there was one out of Washignton DC or another state with whom a member had conferred???

Anyway, I believe that part of the practise is that all class action law suits seeks to simply matters by combining all possible claimants.

In my opinion (and I'm not an attorney) it matters not where you are from so much as getting involved.

One must make known one's claim in order to participate; however, I did receive a check for $11 and change when some attorney went after LifeLock.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM
leftoneright is on a distinguished road
CA Cayenne Owners

Anyone had this problem in the bay area, sacramento or somewhere close know of a good place that will do this repair on the cheap? I don't have the know how or time to do it on my own...kids.

Any info would be helpful!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne coolant line class action lawsuit