Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

A Fabspeed bypass pipes rattle cure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
quattrotman is infamous around these parts
I, personally, find this 'fix' from fabspeed to be kinda lame. I mean, they should've had hangers in the first place. So, after how many sold at a pretty high price, they now are willing to fix them only if you send them back (at your expense to have them removed)!? OR they'll send them to you so you can spend more money to have a shop weld them on. That's not customer service. When I bought my pipes from leistung, the first ones they sent fit a bit off (still worked fine but clearance MAY have been an issue down the road) so they sent me another set free and let me keep the old ones. THAT is customer service. I think for what these pipes actually cost to manufacture, fabspeed should be sending you new pipes for free, not just hangers. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
So much for the great customer service. I still have my Fabspeed Bypass....they've been sitting in a box for the past year, since I removed them after too much embarrassment!

I'm going to PM Alex to inquire about the replacements with the hangers, but we REALLY need to know if it's a sure fix to the rattling issue.

Anyone out there that has gone through the replacement, or who has recently installed the new version of the pipes with the hangers, please let us know.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Precisionmotors
I was told 2 months ago that they would ship them out to me, but I have yet to recieve anything.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi, Sorry for the delay everyone, I have sent out all the hangers to everyone yesterday. So you can take them to your local shop to have them installed. It took a while on some of the cars because we needed to design a universal one for the S and GTS models since we don't have your original pipes here and we updated the tubing design in our Bender so the pipe dimensions have changed. Thanks again for being patient with me while it was handled and let me know how all the installs go.
thanks,

Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
RojoGTS is infamous around these parts
Hey Alex, sent you an email yesterday, not sure if Im included but please sent me a set when you can.
Thanks

Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RojoGTS
Hey Alex, sent you an email yesterday, not sure if Im included but please sent me a set when you can.
Thanks

Hi, please send me a PM with all your information.
thanks

Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
RojoGTS is infamous around these parts
Done !

Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
z145433 is infamous around these parts
thanks for the updates, it will be interesting to see if the hangers fix the cold start rattle.
I'd volunteer to go first but with the ski season looking to stretch into late May I probably won't get a chance to get this done until June.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Precision is infamous around these parts
Alex, I recieved the Hangers yesterday, thank you very much. I will have them welded on over the weekend and will report back next week on my results.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
Thats good to hear. I look forward to hearing the results.
thanks

Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I ordered FS BP for 11 Cayenne S,what can I spect in terms of performance and sound?

Old 04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
00spyder is infamous around these parts
My Hangers arrived today - will try to get to it this weekend. I did find it odd that Fabspeed only sent two hangers, that means only one per pipe versus the stock set-up that has two. Hope it fixes the rattle.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
Chris@Fabspeed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
I ordered FS BP for 11 Cayenne S,what can I spect in terms of performance and sound?
Depending one what else you have exhaust wise, a nice deep tone and sportier sound since you're getting rid of the stock, very restrictive, secondary cats. As for performance, usually ~15hp on the V8 model. Let us know how you like them .

Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JoeS@Fabspeed
Depending one what else you have exhaust wise, a nice deep tone and sportier sound since you're getting rid of the stock, very restrictive, secondary cats. As for performance, usually ~15hp on the V8 model. Let us know how you like them .
I only have right now OEM dual tone sport exhaust and I plan to leave that only add FS BP tubes Y hope to get a nice tone and some extra ponies.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:17 PM
dyjo1 is infamous around these parts
Is there any updates on the rattle issue.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 PM
111GTS is infamous around these parts
I would like to know if this has been fixed since its the only deal breaker for me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Fabspeed bypass pipes rattle cure?