Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Spark Plugs ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Spark Plugs ??

So Its time to get the Cayenne's spark plugs changed... 2008 turbo.

Has anyone upgraded to an after market plug (if available) ?

Or

Should I stick with the stock?

The dealer wants $400 and other local p shops want between $325-350 for stock plugs. Is that fair price?

Thanks
JS

Last edited by spinny02; 04-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
buy them yourself(sunset or suncoast, or porscheoemparts.com) and do customer supplied parts to a smaller european import based company workshop in Htown.....to do the labor....you'll save hundreds.....or go look at demos on here or on rennlist.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
dajadeturtle is on a distinguished road
that is a good question has anyone tried the E3 plugs?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
I just replaced my plugs with NGK Iridiums's, also changed the remaining six coils that Porsche would not cover with that supposed program (has to have a fault code or no replacement B.S.). What a difference! Starts better, no hesitation, and fuel economy is much better (highway 12-13 litres/per hundred). Get rid of that Beru garbage (35$ per plug-outrageous) for platinum plugs?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks Gents. I am still undecided.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:32 AM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Suncoast....just bought all 8 plugs for $137!! Just need to get them installed now.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I always run NGK Iridium IXs in my WRX and love em. Replace at every 60,000 miles. I will be putting these in my CS as soon as its time to change. Only have 32,000 miles so far.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
well i ordered the E3 from Advance Auto so I just have to drive and pick them up... let me see if i can squeeze another mpg out of her and some instant pep... Im going to say i hope to install by the end of next month LOL...

Old 04-16-2011, 05:19 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Advanced Auto has home delivery now you know? Take advantage of that!! Anyway I am interested in how these E3 plugs perform with all they claim. Let us know what the butt dyno thinks and how the gas mileage is. Also what was the out the door cost on these?

Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I ordered them for pick up because I also ordered some motor oil and now with all the bull crap of shipping liquids I have to pick it up... also i used some promo code at the checkout and ended up paying under $40 for the set of 8.... $37-38 something like that the receipt is in the visor for pick up.... (yup still didn't pick up)

Old 04-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I think i might hold off an se how the E3.68's workout for you. They are much cheaper =).

I am a bit worried to use something other than stock thou.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
E3's ok...no issue so far and its been 4 mos..driven hard...bout the fuel consumption..can't really tell...trucks been chipped(UPsolute) and secondary cat deleted.....BTW..its an 06 turbo S....

if you are worried about your coils warranty(recall) stick with the original BERU plugs......

Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Folks finally installed my plugs since I had too change one of my Purge Evap Sensors on the intake manifold. Plug change was not that tricky at all just have the tools.... cheated by first looking at a link on the pelican website for the tool list and the steps needed, truth, don't think it took more than 45mins ...

How does she drive, no fantastic burst of speed, but just the usual smooth power that comes from fresh plugs. Coil packs were not throwing codes so I re-used them. Will change them later if and when I go back to the Bosch 4 prong that Iremoved. I personally never saw that style of plug prior to removing them but they did burn the ceramic in a near even ring better than say how a regular plug will burn more to one side.

Still waiting to see how much my mpg and range may increase by. I think in NYC I get a realistic 9-11mpg city... on highway straight runs between homes or when we do a Canada run we can get 20ish as long as who drives stays at the speed limit. (on more than one occasion i have filled after going through the tunnel into NJ and by the time we get to Buffalo NY she only needs 20 gallons to fill again prior to entering Canada)

Will give it a month or two and let you know how my range goes... One of the reasons is I also got some sport techno's with 275/45/20 since a few members here are also running them wanted to see little less gap and a softer ride (must be getting up in age)

Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The stock plugs can be found way less expensively by Googling the PN.. I'd have to look but I think I bought all 8 for around $65 from Amazon back around April.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know the part# of the stock plugs? Looking to change my plugs out on our 08' TT.

I looked them up on Pelican and they have them listed as Bosch FR6NPP332 ? I am also seeing many NGK part#s online?

Last edited by dgreen78; 04-13-2014 at 09:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs ??