Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Placing Order tomorrow a.m. 2012 6 speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Placing Order tomorrow a.m. 2012 6 speed

Here is my current build. I plan on replacing the wheels as soon as the car comes in with turbo II knock offs.

Cayenne

$47,700
Packages

Premium Package
PU2

$7,690
BOSEŽ Audio Package
PU6

$2,160
Exterior Color

Sand White
R6

$0
Interior Color

Standard Interior in Black
MA

$0
Exterior

Panorama Roof System
3FU

$1,850
Porsche Entry & Drive
4F6

$1,090
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
1D6

$650
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
QJ4

$150
ParkAssist Front and Rear
7X2

$0
Performance

Extended Range Fuel Tank
0M1

$0
Servotronic
1N3

$0
Wheels

18" Cayenne Wheel
C1J

$0
Interior

Light Comfort Package
PP6

$250
Seat Belts in Guards Red
FZ1

$650
Rear Side Airbags
4X4

$0
Non-smoker Package
9JA

$0
14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
PE5

$0
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
2ZH

$0
Heated Front Seats
4A3

$0
Interior Leather

Porsche Crest on Front Headrests
3J7

$285
Destination Charge:

Destination Charge:

$975
Total Price*

$63,450

I am having a hard time with the options. As much as I like the panorama roof (we have it in our current X5), its hard to justify having to pay for it in full when I choose to replace the sunroof already included in the Premium Package.

I plan on buying this one (I usually lease but Porsche lease programs are terrible). I have second thoughts about committing to a stick shift because of resale concerns but my wife and I really don't enjoy automatic. Even on our recent test of an automatic S I found the transmission quick to get into the highest gear possible to maximize fuel economy - I am not fan of 30 mph in 8th gear.

As the optioned out price jumps, I start to consider a lightly optioned S - If I go easy, I come out to just about $74,000. Of course I think that's crazy money to spend on an everyday car for my wife to ferry my kids and dogs in.

Decisions, decisions . . .

Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I really wanted a 6 speed but wife is fighting me on it even though her current car is a 6speed. The only challenge with the 6 speed is going to be the wait. I have heard of obscene timelines - let us know.

As per the Sunroof versus Pana.. I guess it personal. I really like to have the option but its not cheap and neither is the Cayenne options.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I have an '11 Auto V6 and while I think it drives great and gets great mpg, I have to agree, it does tend to get into a high gear sooner rather than later.

My build is very similar to yours, which means I really like it! I don't have the exclusive options or Bose, but the rest of the options are the same. I personally couldn't stomach the cost of the pano given the package includes the moonroof. On a CS, the pano roof is a no brainer. Roof rails cannot be added later if you want them.

Good luck! You'll be happy either way you go, it a great SUV.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by slw23
I have an '11 Auto V6 and while I think it drives great and gets great mpg, I have to agree, it does tend to get into a high gear sooner rather than later.

My build is very similar to yours, which means I really like it! I don't have the exclusive options or Bose, but the rest of the options are the same. I personally couldn't stomach the cost of the pano given the package includes the moonroof. On a CS, the pano roof is a no brainer. Roof rails cannot be added later if you want them.

Good luck! You'll be happy either way you go, it a great SUV.
Thanks - How do you like the V6? I have not been able to test drive anything other than a V8 as no dealer within 100 miles has a base car in stock.

I have no need for the roof rack and don't like the way it looks. I know the panorama roof does not make logical sense on the base, but I really like how it brightens the interior. I may drop some of the other little options or just bite the bullet and go full boat. Its still 10 grand less than the S and the S wouldn't have as many toys.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by caveatesq
Thanks - How do you like the V6? I have not been able to test drive anything other than a V8 as no dealer within 100 miles has a base car in stock.

I have no need for the roof rack and don't like the way it looks. I know the panorama roof does not make logical sense on the base, but I really like how it brightens the interior. I may drop some of the other little options or just bite the bullet and go full boat. Its still 10 grand less than the S and the S wouldn't have as many toys.
Don't know how far it would be for you, but Herb Chambers in Boston has by far the largest inventory of Cayennes in the area, currently at 19 (some are at the dealership and some are in transit), and six of them are the base model. I know the amethyst one is sold, but don't know about the other five.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road

I love my Cayenne. It drives and handles great, really agile for a good sized SUV, and the acceleration/power is more than sufficient. I, unlike many on this forum, have not any fast cars, so I don't have much to compare it to. I can tell you I enjoy it much more than my last 2 cars- a GS350 and 530i, and I really did like the BMW. I must admit.... I sometimes wonder how much more fun that V8 would be, but overall I'm very happy.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by hrd
Don't know how far it would be for you, but Herb Chambers in Boston has by far the largest inventory of Cayennes in the area, currently at 19 (some are at the dealership and some are in transit), and six of them are the base model. I know the amethyst one is sold, but don't know about the other five.

Thanks, but Boston is over 3 hours away. I may try the Toureg V6 to get an idea for the power. The Cayenne can only be better and there is a VW dealer next to my local Porsche one.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
if you are looking for a sporty ride, I would suggest PASM! I got PASM and PTV on my 6sp....my goal was to make this truck as sporty feeling as possible

Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks - not looking to go too sporty as the car will be my wife's daily driver. I already have a new M3 for when I want yo have fun.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
I've got the V6 with a stick shift and seems like plenty of power to me. the great thing about the manual transmission -- if you want more power, just downshift! but honestly unless you want to go to the track you're not going to need the v8.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the input. I placed the order as indicated above. Based price for the 2012 base manual has increased to $48,200. Allocation is for a June build so I should hopefully have the car by late July.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Amazing.. congrats.. reviews !!!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DanK
I've got the V6 with a stick shift and seems like plenty of power to me. the great thing about the manual transmission -- if you want more power, just downshift! but honestly unless you want to go to the track you're not going to need the v8.
you get me more and more excited for my cayenne everytime you post about the 6-speed . Mine should be here in a few weeks. Can't F'in wait!!

Thanks for all the input. I placed the order as indicated above. Based price for the 2012 base manual has increased to $48,200. Allocation is for a June build so I should hopefully have the car by late July.
congrats! That's real quick...order to build! Lucky you! does the increase in MSRP include any additional options? I've heard about them making some options standard for the 2012's.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by GBXSport
you get me more and more excited for my cayenne everytime you post about the 6-speed . Mine should be here in a few weeks. Can't F'in wait!!

congrats! That's real quick...order to build! Lucky you! does the increase in MSRP include any additional options? I've heard about them making some options standard for the 2012's.
Thanks - I've got my fingers crossed that the timing all works out as it seems to good to be true. I am not aware of any added features. I think its just a straight $500 base price increase from $47,700 to $48,200 based on the order printout that I was given. All of the option prices for those that I ordered stayed the same.

What are the final specs on your car? I saw some posts of yours where you were going back in forth.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
SilverForumSurf is on a distinguished road
nice, that's pretty quick turnaround!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Placing Order tomorrow a.m. 2012 6 speed