Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New order placed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
New order placed...

So, as I have said before, I was in a hurry when my X5M was bought back and "had" to buy a vehicle on the lot. Ended up getting a very nicely loaded Sand White and Black Turbo with Sport, Premium Plus, Bose, Panoramic, 20 inch wheels, etc. Love the vehicle, but wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I had driven the Panamera for a while, and seriously thought I would go for one, but just can't justify a 30k difference equally equipped. Plus, need more room that the Pepper offers for kids, bike, etc.

So, today, placed an order for a 2012 CTT. Order won't lock till next week, so still debating the exterior color. Here are the specs thus far:

Sand White
Espresso/Cognac natural interior
Olive wood package
Burmester (wanted this before)
Sport package
Premium Package Plus
Compass display dash
Voice control
Telephone module
Trailer hitch
Exterior high gloss black
Turbo II wheels with arch extenders
Voice control
Heated windscreen for thermally insulated glass
Thermal glass
Panoramic roof
PCCBs

Had the rear seat entertainment, but removed it as I have dual iPads mounted on ProClip headrest mounts that work better and are portable.

Love sand white, but worried too much contrast (white, black lower and upper trim pieces and then espresso/cognac). Would wonder about other suggestions. Love black, but such a pain to keep clean.

Got a very generous trade on my 11 CTT, and nice discount on the new order. So, should have my 2012 first of August.

J

Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
If you want multi function steering wheel don't go with sport package, you can always order pdcc and ptv separately ( more expensive ) but def worth it in my opinion

Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth is also standard as I noticed you added telephone module , do you need this still ?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I have the sport package and paddles currently. Much prefer it over the MF steering wheel as I only shift with paddles. Never in auto mode.

I got the voice control for voice dialing and voice inputs. Got the telephone module so I could put a SIM in my car and leave. Live in a marginal service area for AT&T and the use of the aerial roof antenna would be useful.

Also going to add cargo mgmt system I believe.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
have you thought about the black/titanium blue two-tone leather interior? I think it would look very sharp with the white exterior/black trim.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Red face

Congratualations on your order..... best of health to enjoy!

I wish there were some pics of the sand white with the espresso/cognac but have found none.

You may recall a good number of posters have seriously considered white with this interior.... and as I recall wOOt even did a survey early on and white "won" substantially. I also did a search for white with this interior and could see that a number of dealers (or builders) were setting these up as well.

I think you would be safe. I looked hard at the exterior gloss black and thought the vehicle looked sharper and lower but have stayed stock so far as I may have a body shop see about painting out the black trim to sand white given my E/C. Those here know so much more about Porsches, this may not even be feasible.(?)

Looks like I may be your "lil" brother with my white CS in E/C. How 'bout lunch in Jackson some time?

Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I am up for lunch. Just let me know ahead of time and I will make arrangements. I think I will go with the sand white, but still thinking about the JBM.

J

Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Go with Sand White, it looks awesome when paired with Turbo II wheels.
I love the contrast with the black plastic parts, very sporty IMO.
I would suggest the stainless front and rear skid plates.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Great build. From what I've read about the 2012s, aren't you able to color match all the black with your ext color choice? As you prob know, you can already have the side mirrors and rear spoiler color matched. Obviously increases your price, but it would alleviate your concerns with too much contrast. FWIW, I still think the e/c int, white ext with the standard black wheel arches etc would look great. Noticed you don't have the entry/drive option, I have it and wouldn't want to be without it.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Entry and Drive is in the premium package plus. Have it on mine now. I think I will add the painted spoiler and mirrors. That will only leave some contrast on the bottom, which I think will be beautiful.

Opinions?

J

Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I like the all black interior shows less dirt over time.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Ahh gotcha, sorry. I haven't built any CTTs in the configurator, so I don't know what's included in the packages... a little outta my price range

Just played with the online tool, I would only color match the mirrors... I personally like the Black accents on all the other parts of the car. The rear spoiler, or separation edge as P calls it, is a shiny black that matches the window trim. If I did it again, I would color match my mirrors... I don't think you can go wrong either way though.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Good memory Ronl (BTW it is w00t not wOOt ). My daughters gave my screen name

The white won by a grand margin (would look very good with the E/C) and the only reason I stayed away was the fear of the clear-bra yellowing which will show on lighter colors.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
I really like the ease of care for white, but so am thinking about the JBM. Same reason as w00t. So worried about the maintenance on the clear bra. The edges so dirt accumulation really easily, and then have to be cleaned with q tips. Cant find anyone in the ATL area that tucks and custom wraps these cars. Yellowing is not as much a concern. Car is washed at least once a week, and then waxed twice a month usually.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I have vehicles with a ventureshield, my 997s cab in atlas grey, my boxster s in seal gray and 2 vehicles without any clear bra products, my 02 lapis blue boxster and my 04 cayenne s. Honestly, I think I would do without the bra. My sand white Cayenne S was a faithful DD over 3 years and rarely showed any signs of abuse or pitting from the road or bugs. It was washed once a week and then waxed monthly. My lapis blue Boxster got washed weekly and then waxed,no need for a clear bra. My current ride is a 2011 X5 35d, which is alpine white, has no protection other than waxing and weekly washing. It seems the 'bra-ed' cars got more rock chips than the non-bra-ed cars. Next vehicle, will be either a Cayenne in some form or a Pan, neither of which will have a clear bra. I am just so 'done' with worrying about rock chips. get what color you like, white or jbm. Can't wait to see the pics! congrats on your new CTT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New order placed...