Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

my cayenne S build HELP!:(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:51 PM
ALRAJHI is on a distinguished road
my cayenne S build HELP!:(

Hey everybody i just joined , and loving it ! i,m wondering if you guys have any advice to give me for my build
2012 Cayenne S
Black ext ( wondering if you guys think jet black is worth the extra $)
black Partial leather
Connivence package
Panoramic roof
reversing camera with park assist
Light comfort package
Deletion of model designation
Sports exhaust system
porsche crest on all seats
carbon fiber multi func steering wheel
compass
I would love some pointers Thanks a lot !!

Old 05-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Go to Starbucks, get a Java Frappuccino and drive around! THEN,,, you'll be in heaven!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I definitely think Jet Black is worth the money. Looks better and is a LOT easier to take care of.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:37 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Nice build; I compliment you on not going nutzoid on the wheels, though I could not resist the spyders.

If going partial, black seems best but I sense that you do like your cabin; what can you squeeze out to move up to full leather? Or just splurge?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by ronl
Nice build; I compliment you on not going nutzoid on the wheels, though I could not resist the spyders.

If going partial, black seems best but I sense that you do like your cabin; what can you squeeze out to move up to full leather? Or just splurge?
Actually i didn't get the wheels because i,m planing on getting 22' maybe Asanti
but props on the spiders they are awesome !,and i,ve been told that partial leather on black isn't really bad at all is that true?
or i would love the full leather but i just dont know if its worth the money !!!
and i,ll check out the jet black in person next time !
Thank you guys a lot for helping me

Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
I didn't even consider full leather on my initial build, thinking it was just for rich folks.

But after hanging around this forum you begin to understand what makes Porsche special; its the ability to customize the vehicle just the way you want, and to do so in a level of quality not available in the vast majority of marques.

My sense is that many repeat Porsche buyers, and especially long termers, come to prize their full leather as their single most favorite option- well worth the $$$.

Of course, if you spend huge amounts of time dancing around curves (or large roundabouts for the less fortunate) how could you not spring for active roll stabilization and torque vectoring- there really is no end

Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 PM
the problem is that i really am unable to take care if a cars interior my habits would ruin the leather in a matter of months. i,m gona go to the dealer to see the difference ,and if it's a must have for me or not .
What do you think of the deleting of the cayenne S badge ?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
The part. leather seats are just fine IMO (I have the same), but those who have full or natural leather rave about it. They say once you have it, it's the one option they wouldn't want to be without.

Maybe consider the Prem package? The upgrade to the 14 ways alone is worth it, and you'll also get PASM and a few other goodies. The only thing is if you want the reversing camera, you'll essentially have to pay full price for it even though the package comes w the f/r park assist. I missed the camera on mine for a few weeks, but the f/r park assist is actually very helpful and I'm fine w/out it now.

Although it's not an expensive upgrade (relatively speaking of course), I would pass on the carbon fiber wheel since you're not doing the rest if the int trim in carbon fiber. Personal preference, but I don't think it would fit in as well w the standard trim.

Lastly, roof rails cannot be added later if u think you'll need/want them. I would also add the ext. trim in high gloss black to replace the silver trim around the windows.

Good luck! It's a great vehicle!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you ! solid advice, but i think with the black ext the chrome around the window looks better if it was any other ext color i would totally agree! also i dont enjoy the look of the roof rails.
You might be right about the steering wheel though .

Old 05-08-2011, 04:03 PM
DB-CS is on a distinguished road
Hi Nice build
I would Recommend JBM exterior, also don't ever second guess the sport exhaust it just changes everything about the CS.
Carbon interior is really nice but not that necessary if you are reserved on the budget.
good luck with you purchase.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by DB-CS
Hi Nice build
I would Recommend JBM exterior, also don't ever second guess the sport exhaust it just changes everything about the CS.
Carbon interior is really nice but not that necessary if you are reserved on the budget.
good luck with you purchase.
Thank you!, and i totally agree and i,m only getting the carbon fiber steering well because the normal multi function steering wheel is 250 is i decided it would be better if i just added a 350 dollars