Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Warranty repairs with Bypass Pipes and Intakes installed.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 PM
rsa supra is on a distinguished road
Warranty repairs with Bypass Pipes and Intakes installed.

One of the vent fans under my passenger side dash is making a squeaking now so I want to take the car in for warranty. But I am also 5 months or 5k miles away from the warranty being up, so I would take the it in sometime soon to have a full inspection. I am wondering if I should remove the bypass pipes and intakes before I do so.

Has anyone with similar mods had good, bad or indifferent response from dealers?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 AM
khairo82 is on a distinguished road
let me know what they tell you because im having the same sound ... is when you turn on the car?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:35 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
They cant void your warranty for the fan because of the pipes. Legally they have to prove that the mods were the cause of the defect in order to void warranty.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Khairo, at first it was just when I started the car in the morning. Now it is pretty much 90% of the time.

FastHackem, Thanks, I understand that, but I wanted to get the turbos inspected, etc. before the warranty is up and I'm concerned about issues with the mods for that.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
How do you think they are going to inspect turbos?

That is a TON of work to remove them to look inside and then try to measure end play. Wold have to replace all the seals of all the parts in the process too.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
They will probably just take your car for a test drive and ensure your getting full boost regarding the turbos.

Out of curiosity I would give them a call and ask if the warranty will be void if you decide to fit the bypass pipes and intake.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I guess convincing them to remove the intakes and test shaft deflection is unlikely. There is just a good amount of oil on the left turbo and though it may be PCV sludge, I don't want to chance it after the warranty is up if I don't have to.

I thought about feeling them out on the mods, I'm just concerned about getting a real answer and potentially tipping off my service adviser.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Look up the Magnuson Moss warranty act. They can't void any part of the warranty unless the aftermarket part can be proven to be the DIRECT cause of the failure.