Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Umber / Light Tartufo interior?

Old 05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Anvais is on a distinguished road
Umber / Light Tartufo interior?

Hey guys, cheers from Finland!

This is my first post ever on this forum, so I just want to say that it is nice to finally be a part of the Porsche community! This is my first Porsche ever and therefore it will be an awesome day when I finally see my new grey baby.

I placed an order for my Cayenne Diesel (exterior: grey, interior: umber/light tartufo & walnut) in February and I'm supposed to get my hands on it in a few weeks, on the 31th of this month to be exact. Ever since I placed my order, I've been searching the internet for good real life pictures of the umber / light tartufo interior, but can't seem to find any good ones.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys might have a few pictures of this interior in real life? It looks extremely sophisticated in the catalogues, but they never tell the whole truth. Sure I know that I can't change the interior anymore, but it would be nice to see what I've ordered.

I'll post pictures of my Cayenne as soon as my baby is in my driveway!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Welcome. Some great shots from Jace's CTT, same ext/int combo of what you ordered.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-arrived.html

Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Jace changed it to umber/cream in the last minute days before his build was locked.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Isn't that the umber / cream interior, or are my eyes fooling me? What I've noticed is that many of the happy owners of the new Cayenne with a two-tone interior have chosen to go with the cream one instead of the light tartufo. But I gotta say that the interior above is quite astonishing and probably one of the most beautiful interiors I've ever seen in a car! Also, those aluminum roof rails fits the overall look of the car very well. Congrats for the owner!

I decided to go with the light tartufo because I thought it might be a better choice for me: a little less risky being a darker tone than the almost white cream and also more in line with the pieces of walnut that my car will have. But the main reason was that I've grown to prefer the more darker tones, since my last two cars have had a black/dark brown interior.

Actually, I came across with a few pictures of the tartufo interior in this forum, but I don't believe that those pictures gave much justice for it. The tartufo seemed to be almost greyish brown, very different from the pictures in the catalogue. I don't remember whose car it was, but if she or he is reading this thread I would be extremely grateful to see some quality daylight/night pictures of the car!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Jace changed it to umber/cream in the last minute days before his build was locked.
Oops sorry, you're right.
------
Edit**

To the OP, did you find the thread below?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-lt-pics.html

Last edited by slw23; 05-17-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM
That was just the thread I was referring to earlier! And it seems there are some new pictures of the interior since I last saw it. I think the lighting in the first three pictures is kinda flat and therefore gives a bit strange impression of the tones. But the second and the third set looks just like I imagined it would look like!

Can't wait to get my own, thanks slw23! The only problem now is, that this just made my waiting feel even more longer. But hey, it's worth the wait!

By the way, I have to say that you who are living in the US are extremely privileged when it comes to the price of the Cayenne. If I'm correct the CTT in the US costs around $100k? Here in Finland you have to pay almost €200k (which is around $285k) to Porsche in order to get the new CTT. And this is without the optionals. I'm seriously feeling blue here.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned
ogomez79 is on a distinguished road
Don't forget that our gas is also about half the price too hehe.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Going to see the Cayenne tomorrow for the first time! I'll try to take some pictures of it, especially from the interior. They haven't cleaned her out yet because most of the staff is on vacation at the moment, so I'm hoping she won't be all dirty and stuff..

By the way, are the front indicators orange as a standard? Or is there a possibility that my car will come with clear ones? If not, that is the first modification I'm going to do. And been also thinking upgrading those standard 18" wheels with the 20" sport designs. Is there going to be any down sides in doing so, especially regarding the noise level inside the cabin? And what about the tires, what size should I get? I'm looking for a set that will be more comfortable than sporty, since the car is going to be my daily cruiser. Any suggestions or opinions?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Amber side lenses standard yes, US version bs EU version. 18 to 20 is a NICE upgrade go for it. The new cayenne vs my old 2008 is so much more comfortable with same spec'd wheels/tires. Daily driving is an easy thing to do with 20's, even sporty tires, you have my word.