Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rough / Slow Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 AM
dafink44 will become famous soon enough
Rough / Slow Start

I have a 2005 CTT, lately I have noticed it needs to turn a few times in order to start up. Has anyone else noticed this cranking issue when performing a cold start? Anything to be concerned about? I have 2 months left on my warranty and want to get it checked out before it's up.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:44 PM
dafink44 will become famous soon enough
Damn crickets....?!?!?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM
lbredefe is on a distinguished road
My CS sometimes starts a bit rough, and then immediately thereafter I am having an issue with coolant temp sensor, not sure if it is feeding bad info to the computer for fuel air mixture ratio or not. with what porsche service costs, I would definitely definitely get it checked out. and while your at it, get an extended warranty. I bought a non CPO and after dealer warranty ran out, I have taken a 4k bath so far!

(06 CS - CSM / big brake package)

Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I'm not gonna repeat the whole thing here - but see: http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...ing-any-ideas/

If the symptom is - difficult starting and what feels like a lean start when it does start, with no check engine light - chances are - you have a pressure loss to the fuel rail. The diagnostics are a bit complicated since Porsche hasn't documented the fuel system very well, and there are apparently some undocumented check valves that can cause this problem.

Since you're in Hoboken - if you're running down to the shore this weekend (I'm in Spring Lake) - I could hook my fuel pressure gauge up and confirm if this is the problem. Takes about 5 minutes to do. Ping me if interested. I'll be off on my bike on Sunday, so tomorrow is a better time.

At least then you'd have something concrete to suggest to the dealer.

The original selling dealer on my truck was useless "Could not reproduce problem, no codes.." - Princeton Porsche understood immediately that there WAS a problem, and worked on it until they found the fix. Kudos to the guys at Princeton!