Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What do you use your Hotkey for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Alby is on a distinguished road
What do you use your Hotkey for?

I am still working through sorting out all of the new switches and buttons on my new 2011 Cayenne.
Just wondering what others have used their shortcut Hotkey on the steering wheel for?
The other item that I am yet to sort is a screen on the PCM display that has a good clock for others in the vehicle to see

Absolutely loving the car !!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:49 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
I use the hotkey as track advance to skip to the next track when I'm using my ipod or next preset on the radio. I too wish that the there was a clock more readily visible on the PCM.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Default so far but trying to see which is best.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AJRDU
I use the hotkey as track advance to skip to the next track when I'm using my ipod or next preset on the radio. I too wish that the there was a clock more readily visible on the PCM.
+1, using the track/station advance as well. However, mine does not go to the next preset station, it actually scans for the next radio station. Does yours do the same, or is mine not functioning properly?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slw23
+1, using the track/station advance as well. However, mine does not go to the next preset station, it actually scans for the next radio station. Does yours do the same, or is mine not functioning properly?
Yeah, it looks for the next station. I was using it on XM and apparently my presets just happened to be next to each other. But it's great for the iPod and for CDs.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by AJRDU
Yeah, it looks for the next station. I was using it on XM and apparently my presets just happened to be next to each other. But it's great for the iPod and for CDs.
Cool- thx. And agreed for the iPod & CDs.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alby
I am still working through sorting out all of the new switches and buttons on my new 2011 Cayenne.
Just wondering what others have used their shortcut Hotkey on the steering wheel for?
The other item that I am yet to sort is a screen on the PCM display that has a good clock for others in the vehicle to see

Absolutely loving the car !!
Agreed. You need to press info and then the clock is displayed. Best i've found.

Originally Posted by Jace
Default so far but trying to see which is best.
Same here. Got excited about next track until i realized it wasn't for presets. sux.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I didn't know I had a hot key!!!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Alby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I didn't know I had a hot key!!!!!
It is the button just above the phone one on your left hand......has a diamond shape on it from memory

Thanks for the heads up everyone, I will set it for next track as well as that is a bit cumbersome in it's present form.

I was hoping there would have been a better clock display though, it would be good if on the car screen you could substitute the compass for a clock.......don't really have a need for two compasses hmmmmmm don't really have a use for one!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
What do the buttons on the multifunction wheel do? I'd like to know what I would lose by getting the sport steering wheel.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
SeaCay is on a distinguished road
I use also use the hotkey for station/track advance which seems like the most useful of the available options.

I have the multidisplay settings set so the time and temp are always displayed at the bottom. So this way the time is always visible.

Last edited by SeaCay; 05-25-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Correction: also displayed on nav page.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by hrd
What do the buttons on the multifunction wheel do? I'd like to know what I would lose by getting the sport steering wheel.
There are 2 buttons to answer/hang up a call, 2 rocker buttons to adjust stereo volume and change the multi-purpose display, a back button, and the custom button that this thread is referring to. I don't have the sport wheel, but I've heard there is a control stalk that basically provides many of the same functions.

Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
...to keep

Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM
SeaCay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GBXSport
Agreed. Got excited about next track until i realized it wasn't for presets. sux.

True, the Hotkey doesn't cycle through presets but the right side scroll button does when on the Audio page in the multidisplay. In the Settings you can select either preset list or station list so choose presets and they will then show under Audio. Keeps your hands on the wheel while going mach speed and flicking through the presets.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
nephew is on a distinguished road
i'm dumb. how do i program the hotkey?

I also programed my small display to show the time in the bottom row, but i actually like keeping it on the map display and the bottom row disappears.

For my main PCM display, I keep it on the 'tuner' view because I like seeing track names (for the XM radio) and that is the only place that the track name shows AND there is no time display on that screen either, which really annoys me.

Since I have a hybrid, I like being able to see my MPG and there are not many useful places to see that either (it would be great if there was a MPG readout in the small window).

I wonder what the possibility is that Porsche can do a software update that would enable the time to be a permanent fixture on one of the PCM displays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.