Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pano Roof Redux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:10 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Pano Roof Redux

Now that many of the members have had an opportunity to live with their Panorama Roof System for some time during the hotter/sunnier months, I am interested in opinions as I am about to order a CS. I test drove one yesterday which had the PRS and I really liked it, especially from the back seat, though the day was very overcast with little direct sunlight. Although some of these questions have been asked before, after searching the forum, it seems like sufficient time has passed since the last inquiry to get a sense of whether (i) the cabin is too light with the sunscreen closed on sunny days, (ii) heat loads are increased in a detrimental manner (I live in NC) and (iii) whether there are any squeaks, rattles or hums. If there are any other issues or opinions, I would be grateful for the input. I can only speak for myself, but the new Cayenne "pioneers" have proved very helpful to the rest of us contemplating our build.

Note: Also test drove the Panny S. Beautiful car, but nailed down the CS decision for me. The dealership in Greensboro, NC is ridiculous: Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati, etc. etc. The Porsche's were the economical buy with some of the over 50 luxury vehicles topping out in the $275K range.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 AM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
I have the V6 2 months have put 2,500 miles on the truck and if had to it all over again would check the box for the Panorama Roof again. My wife and I live in Northern Virginia so the weather is comparable to North Carolina. To much lighting, heat in cabin have no teen an issue and no noise or rattle from the system. I would say check the box and feel good about your decision.

dave-t

Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM
SeaCay is on a distinguished road
After about 6 months of Pan roof in Cayenne and 12 months before that with much the same pan roof in our Audi Q7, no problems or issues to report. Even on hot days last summer (in Seattle, not NC though) the temperature inside with auto AC on was quite comfortable. No squeaks at all. Would not have gotten it in the Cayenne if we had any difficulties with it in the Q7 and would definetly get it again.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:33 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies. I will probably add it to the long list ($$).

Old 05-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Great option to have.
Would get it again.
When closed I don't notice any heat and very very very little light coming through.
When open worth every penny.
Love the feel and look.