Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Suggestions about a 08 CTT Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 AM
nixul is on a distinguished road
Suggestions about a 08 CTT Help Please

Hi Guys, This my first poster here. Thanks first for reading. I am looking at a 08 CTT with CPO from the dealer. It has following options:

Black
Black full leather
Floor Mats
Soft Look Leather-Smooth leather
Light Comfort Package/Memory
Phone Module for PCM
XM Radio
20" Sport Techno Wheel
Ski Bag
Roll up suncreen-1/4 windows
Custom Tailoring Cayenne
Exterior Package Black
Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment
Preferred package
Navigation
Trailer hitch w/o hitch ball
Wheel hub Cover colored crest
Moonroof
6 Disc Cd changer
Roof Rail System in Black

The carfax history can be found at the following link:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AC29P68LA96667

It was a leased car for 2 years and 4 months, with 56k miles on it. Right now the price is about $52K with CPO. My questions is:

1) According to the carfax report, is this car a good copy? or it is difficult to tell? I am thinking 56k mile in 2 years 4 months means this car must have been running smoothly. Am I wrong?

2) Is the price reasonable? $52k is before TTL.

3) When I negotiate with the dealer and pick up the car, what should I pay attention to? Should I insist brand new tire, brakes? Is there anything I should ask them to change or repair?

I put a couple hundreds down as a deposit. But if there are some big Nos about this truck, I would rather to lost the deposit than buying a wrong car.

Thanks again!

Lucas

Also my wife is so concerned about the repair cost after CPO and the maintanence cost. She is fine with the low milage, higher insurance, expensive tires, but the repair cost is really her big concern. She thinks a new BMW X5 (similar price) would cost less in future. My understanding the maintanence is aroun $500 per year, but the repair cost can be really high. Am I right?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
seems a bit high with that any miles, also, no PDCC?

I saw a 2008 CTT fully loaded with pano roof, PDCC, everything, for $58K, 3 months ago.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Jace, Thanks for your input. Right now the used car market is high. The dealer was asking $55.5k...

You own two Cayenne now. How is the reliability? Also how is the maintaneance cost?

Originally Posted by Jace
seems a bit high with that any miles, also, no PDCC?

I saw a 2008 CTT fully loaded with pano roof, PDCC, everything, for $58K, 3 months ago.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
both the GTS and the new CTT have been 100% for me from day one....knock on wood...

I am a Porsche'r for life. Maintenance costs aren't that high IMHO but with an expensive car do come certain expenses in time.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks for positive input. We can accept similar maintenance cost with BMW or even a little higher. But if it's double or triple the cost, my wife may kill me.

Originally Posted by Jace
both the GTS and the new CTT have been 100% for me from day one....knock on wood...

I am a Porsche'r for life. Maintenance costs aren't that high IMHO but with an expensive car do come certain expenses in time.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
I bought my 2nd Ctt from an 05 to an 08, (much improved for sure) last July 2010. Similar to your car but with PDCC which was a must for me. I paid 62k and the car was cpo'd and had 46k miles so this seems like a fair price imo. Having an 05 and going to an 08 with pdcc was a huge difference in reduced body roll in the turns, would not buy one with out it.

As for maint, I pretty much do one oil and filter change per year or every 10k and what ever service are needed such as the 50k I most recently did. I don't think it is high for the car.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks man!
Considering your car was bought one year ago, I think I am paying a little high. I tried hard, the final price is $51.6k. The dealer doesn't want to go lower.

Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
I bought my 2nd Ctt from an 05 to an 08, (much improved for sure) last July 2010. Similar to your car but with PDCC which was a must for me. I paid 62k and the car was cpo'd and had 46k miles so this seems like a fair price imo. Having an 05 and going to an 08 with pdcc was a huge difference in reduced body roll in the turns, would not buy one with out it.

As for maint, I pretty much do one oil and filter change per year or every 10k and what ever service are needed such as the 50k I most recently did. I don't think it is high for the car.