Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

955 Passenger floor wet

Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 AM
jrblackbox is on a distinguished road
955 Passenger floor wet

Not enjoying my recent purchase, of MY 04 CS, the front passenger carpeting is wet. There is also a lot of condensation on the windshield. I did a search and I was only able to find one post about a drain from the sunroof clogging?
Anybody have anything similar? And where do I go about finding this drain?
Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 AM
wet floor

Finally got a few minutes to look at the vehicle. The outlet to hook up the air hose to the compressor is located under the passenger front seat. If the piston has gone on the compressor, would that have anything to do with the wet floor?
I don't know too much about compressors, but I do know that they should be bled on occasion to reduce the water build up in the tank.
Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Vustadumas is on a distinguished road
Just had my GTS serviced for this. Ended up being something in the AC unit. Common problem they said. Drained it, problem solved. No more foggy windshield either!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jrblackbox
Finally got a few minutes to look at the vehicle. The outlet to hook up the air hose to the compressor is located under the passenger front seat. If the piston has gone on the compressor, would that have anything to do with the wet floor?
I don't know too much about compressors, but I do know that they should be bled on occasion to reduce the water build up in the tank.
Thanks
if there is no smell to it..most likely the drain on the evaporator box is plugged..
if liquid is slightly oily heater core.has a very distinct smell also

Old 06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
It has to be water leaking into the car. It poured today and I just checked the floor and it is soaking wet. Way worse than last night.
It is only wet on the front passenger floor, nowhere else and I don't see any water coming in from anywhere! everything else is dry.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jrblackbox
It has to be water leaking into the car. It poured today and I just checked the floor and it is soaking wet. Way worse than last night.
It is only wet on the front passenger floor, nowhere else and I don't see any water coming in from anywhere! everything else is dry.
why don't you sit in the car (with swim trucks on ) and have someone spray the car with a hose. if there is a leak you'll definitely find it that way.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
More likely it is the AC condensate drain. When the engine is running, does water drip to the ground sort of just to the rear and in about 6" from the front right (passenger side) wheel? That's where the drain is. If it's plugged up - that's where your wet footwell is coming from. The sunroof drain is a possibility, but it runs through the C pillars (the rear most pillars in the car.) The AC drain is right behind the panel under the glovebox. That panel can be removed by removing one torx screw (T10 from memory..) and the drain can be seen running from the large black plastic housing (for the AC) and the floor/rug. Getting to it from under the car may be possible, but I've never really looked for it since mine flows quite nicely.

FWIW - the AC is on whenever the engine is running - so there should always be some condensate dripping from that drain.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 PM
I just might have to try that, but I don't think I will see anything. There aren't any drip marks on the roof, doorjambs, dash,windows, nothing! The floor is soaking wet. I read somewhere that somebody had a problem with the drains that are for the sunroof, but in that case the headliner was wet. it seems to me that it has to be some type of drain that is clogged or leaking the water to the floor, maybe the windshield wiper area?

Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Deilenberger, Thanks for the reply, but I think it is more rainwater now, that the car sat all day and night in the rain and the floor is the worst that I have seen it. I did blow air thru the sunroof drains last night and I heard a "gurgling" noise coming from under the hood, so I am thinking those drains might somehow be the culprit.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The AC condensate drain also serves to drain any rainwater that finds it's way down the HVAC system.

Still the question remains - do you see any water dripping/puddles in the area I described when the car is running, or just after running it and parking it? If not - I'd be checking that drain out (when I changed my cabin air filter - I found various sorts of organic matter hanging around in the bottom of the HVAC housing. Twigs, wirligigs, old rotted stuff... any of that could clog that drain.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Problem solved! I hope. Blew air down the drain of the sunroof on the passenger side, and after removing a couple of the plastic covers up by the windshield. Looking with a flashlight, observed water sloshing around. Took the wheel off and then the wheel well liner, and there it was! So obvious, some debris, leaves were hanging out of some type of drain. It must be a catchall for water from the windshield etc... anyway, stuck my finger up there and pulled some debris out and it must have been a gallon or more of water that came flooding out!
I'll dry the floor up tomorrow and wait for the next rain to verify! Thanks to everyone for responding, now onto the compressor piston upgrade next week!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I think you found the HVAC condensate drain. Sounds like exactly where mine pees on the ground when parked..

Good job! You might want to pull out the cabin filter (need a 5.5mm wrench to remove one screw, and a Torx for the other) and see if there is more junk in the HVAC box.