Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:45 PM
khairo82 is on a distinguished road
help...

whats up guys..
my 05 CS is driving me crazy and im at the point of selling this peace of crap..
seems to 'stutter' sometimes when accelerating in 5th or 6th gear. Feels like it's in too high of gear ... and it misfire, and sometimes when i do u turn the car feels like its gonna shut down...and its not as fast as it used to be on the 2nd gear....

let me tell you what i did:-
1- changed my spark plugs.
2- checked my coils no cracks, do they go bad without cracking or just with cracks..
3- changed my bat.
car still do the same ****...
do you guys think the problem is with my feul pump? or the coils though no cracks in them..

thank you guys for reading and i really apreciate your help

Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I think your problem is diagnostics by parts replacement is going to get very expensive. In the long run - it IS cheaper to buy a diagnostics tool like the Durametric and learn to use it rather then just throwing parts at something hoping to fix it. Using your technique - the last part you replace will be the problem. The other choice is to visit a professional if troubleshooting isn't your strong point.

To answer your question:

A cracked coil IS bad. An uncracked coil isn't necessarily good. A diagnostics program should show misfires on the cylinder with a bad coil. To confirm if the coil is the problem, you swap it with a coil from a cylinder that isn't showing any misfires. If the problem (misfires) moves with the coil - the coil is bad. If the problem doesn't - the coil is good and it's time to look at other possibilities.

That's IF there is a bad coil.. and that certainly (while a possibility) isn't necessarily the cause of your problem.

You could have a fuel pump problem, and there are some rather specific tests (pressure and flow rate) that will tell you if you do, but I'd expect there not to be two bad pumps (unless you regularly drive the car until it's out of fuel), so testing them with simple fuse removal would help determine (1) if it's a pump problem (2) which pump it is. Also in the running are a fuel pressure regulator and/or the fuel filter.

Good luck with your piece of crap.. if you decide to throw it away, let us know, I'm sure someone would like to buy one cheaply.

Last edited by deilenberger; 06-17-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Smelling Pistakes
Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
is there a CEL?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
khairo82 is on a distinguished road
no CEL , ..
today im going to pick it up from the dealership .. ill post what they tell me ..