Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Turbo S hits the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
My Turbo S hits the track

I finally got the chance to take the family wagon out onto the track. Essentially I took the SUV out to Sepang International Circuit (my regular track day circuit), and let it out for a few laps.

The car had a couple of quick things done to it to prep it for the track- brand new OEM pads, Castrol SRF fluid and Goodrich stainless hoses. Besides that, only a brand new set of Pirelli's and some secondary cat by pass pipes to make it sound better down the straight.

The truck is still a truck. Nothing can take away the fact that it is carrying so much weight around with it. But damn. The way in which it carries that weight is utterly amazing (though it ate through my tires after just three laps)! You still feel the weight fight you as it transitions from left to right handers and still fights you around tighter corners. But it is so so capable for its size. I was blown away. I am incredibly happy with this car, and will be adapting it more over the coming months for the track- first with some track inclined pads, and secondly with an ECU remap. Lets see where it takes us.

Nothing beats the quizzical look of people as you take an SUV out for a track day.... plus its the only way for me to hit the Porsche Club of Singapore track days nowadays since I sold my RS. And when they see how well it holds out against the "sports" cars.... thats the best part....

More pictures on my blog..... cheers guys!

Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 AM
dimf is on a distinguished road
nice... I enjoy reading your blog

Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dimf
nice... I enjoy reading your blog
Thanks for the comment on my blog met! Sort of a diary for me on my car adventures. I only wish that I had started it earlier as there are cara that I have owned that I wish I had been able to go back and read about...

Old 08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Harold
Thanks for the comment on my blog met! Sort of a diary for me on my car adventures. I only wish that I had started it earlier as there are cara that I have owned that I wish I had been able to go back and read about...
I am deeper into hi-fi audio and aquahobby (arowanas) and did something similar. Yes, it's nice to have something to go back to regarding our hobbies, as the details start to blur after a while and a number of upgrades. I regret I did not do the same when I was into golf.

I just got into autos, not much to write about but (yet) hopefully I will have more stories to tell before my days are over

Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Harold

The car had a couple of quick things done to it to prep it for the track- brand new OEM pads, Castrol SRF fluid and Goodrich stainless hoses.
I was looking to add a set of Goodrich hoses to my CTT, however, I could not get a cross-reference on the correct part number.

How did you confirm the correct part? Do you have a part number? If so, please post.

Thanks.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Agree, nice blog post!

Thanks for sharing