Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I would like brighter back-up lights

Old 10-08-2011, 01:26 PM
06CayenneTurboS is on a distinguished road
I would like brighter back-up lights

Any ideas?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
1156 CREE LED bulbs.
Are these actually brighter?

Last edited by deilenberger; 10-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:06 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
^ I have LED reverse bulbs in my z06 ... they are slightly brighter but nothing crazy... if you have tints you really gain minimal light backing up

Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Are these actually brighter?
If those are really 7W LEDs at the ad says, I am sure they will be MUCH brighter.

Thinking about getting a set myself since my Canbus No Error LED backup lights (w/ built in resistors) are throwing an error despite their purpose. Tried to go back to the regular bulb to get rid of the annoying notification, but couldn't do with the lower light output.

Hopefully this will address both of those criteria.

For $25 I am willing to give it a shot.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-12-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Hal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really nice
The resistors in the leds get hot and eventually fry out. The ones with good heat sinks last longer. These may work, if you are good with pulling the tail lamp assembly. I need to try this. Isn't it just some screws and a careful pry-out just below center to get the assembly out?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hal 2000
The resistors in the leds get hot and eventually fry out. The ones with good heat sinks last longer. These may work, if you are good with pulling the tail lamp assembly. I need to try this. Isn't it just some screws and a careful pry-out just below center to get the assembly out?
Removing the rear light assembly from the 9PA1 is really easy. It is just 2 torx bolts (forget the size.. either T20,T25) on the inner body lip of the rear hatch area, next to the rear light assembly.

The 2 bolt holes are recessed and are covered by plastic caps that need to be removed first to gain access.

After removing the 2 bolts, it is a pull-gently affair, with a snap connection on the most outer area of the light (the side of the assembly facing the side of the vehicle) and of course 1 harness connector to disconnect.

It is so easy in fact, that I can remove a light assembly in under 2 minutes.

After it is removed, there are a lot of tiny screws (~ 6 - 10) located on the back cover of the light assembly that houses the bulb seats and lighting harness. Remove these to replace bulbs.

Reverse steps to reinstall (a gentle tap with the bottom of your palm will suffice to reseat the plastic snap connection on the light assembly).

I believe the manual might even walk you through this with more detail.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Hal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really nice
Great, Thanks! I see you have a '08. Mines a '06, but should be similar I hope.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:47 AM
gtlimer is on a distinguished road