Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Air-con does not smell right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Air-con does not smell right

My aircon does not smell good. Actually it smells more like ****.

It happens since I changed my mufflers, bypass pipes and exactmats. Its about the same period.

My bodyshop said that my muffler has some residue. Is there a way to fix this? It just does not smell right.

Sometimes I get this smell although not as bad in my gf's turbo and she has the same exactmats. Its a plastic transparent mats to cover the floormats.

I am a very clean person and I do not eat in my car whatsoever so is there a way to get back my old smell

Old 05-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
now that you mention it, I think I have a funny smell also. I also have the bypass pipes...Hmmm

Smells bad when you first turn on the A/C but then it slowly goes away....or I get used to it? haha

Old 05-09-2005, 07:33 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Kirby: I am not kidding but does it smell like **** or similar to that?

Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Similiar, not exactly like ****.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Kirby: how many miles do you have it on your car? It starts to get really annoying. I think I will get it checked.

Joe: can you help us out?

Old 05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I have almost 15k. I used to think that I stepped on something, but my shoes were clean.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
Deetz and Kirby you guys need to stop eating spicy indian food dont blame it on the air conditioner

Last edited by jamy85; 05-09-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:29 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Kirby: I did the same for 1k mile, always made fun of my gf stepping on ****. The smell doesn't come from my mats too. It must be either the pipes or the muffler... Lets hear more from other people

Old 05-09-2005, 09:38 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
oh damn, that is funny as ****...

Raja

Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Fuzer is on a distinguished road
i use to get the same smell... but my car is stock... it stop after it went in for my 20 k service..

Old 05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
ffr996 is on a distinguished road
Deetz you sure it isn't that fruit tart you seem to love so much?

Old 05-10-2005, 03:12 AM
Cayenne328 is on a distinguished road
mine sometimes smells like rotten eggs or sulphur.... and no.. it's not my own "natural" gas.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:25 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Did you try changing the filters?

Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
If you get the exact same smell in your girlfriends turbo that has the same mats, but a different engine, no bypass pipes and stock exhaust I think it is pretty obvious that the mats are what are causing your odor.

I have the bypass pipes on my turbo and never smelled anything like you described inside the cabin. If I stand behind the Cayenne while it is running the exhaust itself does smell more pungent than it did before bypass pipes.

That said, if we take your girlfriends turbo out of the picture, then I would suggest getting under the car or having a shop make sure you aren't leaking exhaust fumes from the bypass pipes. These are close to the engine and right under the driver. If they are leaking it could be getting sucked into the AC system or leaking in through any non air tight areas of the cabin. Maybe all you need to do is adjust or tighten the clamps on the pipes. Leaking would be pretty obvious as there would be black soot around the clamps.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:02 AM
ffr996 is on a distinguished road
im still pretty sure its the fruit tart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air-con does not smell right