Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

replacing lower control arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:54 PM
dynoguy is on a distinguished road
replacing lower control arms

Anyone do this themselves? I am going to do so this week and wanted to know if anyone has and if there was any advice to be had??

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM
No one has done this before?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't had to replace the LCA in my CTT yet, however, if you still need some help I might be able to show you some instructions from the service manual. PM me if it will help.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dynoguy
No one has done this before?

I have done them. Be sure to mark the alignment eccentrics so you can safely drive it straight to the dealer for an aligment.

If you need a press to press the lower Balljoint out of the spindle, oreillys has one that will work, but you wont. Just whack both sides of the spindle at the Balljoint at the same time and it will fall out.

The only bushing that you will need to replace is the rear inner in the lower arm. The bushing for the strut is quite solid and will probably be good still. Make sure to mark the orientation of the old ones before you destroy them taking them out. Just air hammer the old bushing out unless you have the specialized tools. The new ones go in quite easy. Though, you will need a large press to get position the arm correctly and press the bushing in straight.

You can order the standard bushing or get ones for a turbo S. The turbo S version is the same size with a solid rubber instead of reliefs.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I got the turbo S lower arms.

Thanks guys for all the help. I will do this early next week and will post some pics.
Renaissance Man sent me some great info on the procedure and Mr. Haney, thanks for making it sound a little easy.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dynoguy
I got the turbo S lower arms.
Good call! If it is not too late, I would consider replacing the tie rod ends as well with Turbo S tie-rod ends if you already need an alignment after doing the LCAs. I think the two upgrades would compliment end other.

Just a thought...

Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Old 07-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
These (the bushings) in my 2011 CTT with ONLY 38k miles failed on the driver side and make the "clunking" noise. Believe it or not these are NOT covered by warranty!!! WTF! My last CTT had none of these ridiculous issues and I've never heard of such a thing going bad on a low mileage, barely used car that is stored in a climate controlled garage most of the time (drive 6-8k miles/yr). I have run this up the flag pole at PCNA and just get the "it's a wear and tear item". I TOTALLY DISAGREE and am so pissed that I'm thinking of selling, not buying another and not buying a PTT which I WAS considering added to my stable. Need help?

BTW - the repair is $2k at the stealer and replaces both sides lower control arms since they say the passenger size is going to fail too

Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
EDIT: just now noticed that I've posted about Panny related parts on Cayenne group ....

They are covered by warranty but only for 4 years or 100 000km what comes first.
Porsche declares that these bushings has been updated since 2010 but I have the same issue with 2012 Panny Turbo S.
And definitely $2k repair is too much, you don't have to buy complete arms, enough onlu bushings, and then bushings doesn't have to be from Porsche, especially when they are not covered by warranty, am I right ?

Here is the list of part numbers for Panny Turbo S '12

No.1 97034105304 - ( Lemforder 3568301) - front lower control arm left x 1
No.1 97034105404 - ( Lemforder 3568401) - front lower control arm right x 1

or

No.2 97034124301 - ( Lemforder 3572801) - front lower control arm/trailing arm bushing x 2
No.3 97034124101 - ( Lemforder 3576001) - front lower control arm outer bushing x 2
No.4 97034124502 - ( Lemforder 3572901) - front lower control arm inner bushing x 2

Attached Images  

Last edited by negb; 03-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.