Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering Modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aspenone
Is that the Renntech? looks like it
No, but the programmer/engineer is local to us here in Florida. I'm not sure who else he makes parts for besides us.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Cool

$1400 + for a "lowering module" for cars that now cost sub $20k

I can put a full set of coilovers on my other Porsches for that kind of money

Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
No, but the programmer/engineer is local to us here in Florida. I'm not sure who else he makes parts for besides us.
Cool Yeah im sure most companies use a lot of the same parts and label it for themselves. Good that its a local programmer

Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Cole
$1400 + for a "lowering module" for cars that now cost sub $20k

I can put a full set of coilovers on my other Porsches for that kind of money
I AGREE!! I still dont understand how my lowering module cost $500 for my Range Rover Sport and could read and clear error codes as well, and the module for the Porsche is 1400+ depending on the model. Someone out there has to be able to come out with a less expensive alternative besides a **** for the compressor

Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Our module is $1400 and guaranteed to work.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cmslcu955t.htm

In stock and ready to ship.

????

Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by powderjay
????
I second that...not helping

Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powderjay
????
I second that...not helping
The OP asked for some different lowering module options that were less then the $2k module he was considering. I gave him an option...how's that not helping?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
The OP asked for some different lowering module options that were less then the $2k module he was considering. I gave him an option...how's that not helping?
Ahhh I see now but I think everyone is in agreement that even at that price it's a bit high. As I stated before the same device I purchased for my Rover and it read and cleared codes was alittle over $500. I think we were all hoping or looking for a unit like that. When it reaches over 1,000 that's a bit much since it only lowers the car and nothing else, I would rather spend that money on an engine mod instead

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Talking

Well, his original post said the price "seems unreasonable". While your module is admittedly "more reasonable" I (and others seem to agree) still don't see it as a reasonable solution.

Ahhh I see now but I think everyone is in agreement that even at that price it's a bit high. As I stated before the same device I purchased for my Rover and it read and cleared codes was alittle over $500. I think we were all hoping or looking for a unit like that. When it reaches over 1,000 that's a bit much since it only lowers the car and nothing else, I would rather spend that money on an engine mod instead
Totally agree.

I bought a Bluetooth OBDII dongle for $5 shipped

And check out the "ProCal" I bought for my Jeep for $149 look what it does!

And this way for a $$30-40k Jeep before all the mods people do!

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...al-module.html

AEV's ProCal Module is a hand-held powerhouse! This essential tool provides JK owners an easy, low-cost way to make a variety of useful changes not offered by the dealer or any other re-programmer. Topping the list is the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. When the speedometer is left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance.

The best part of the ProCal is that it isn’t just for correcting the speedometer. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System can now be recalibrated to better suit aftermarket tires without triggering the dash light. Further, the ProCal Module makes it possible to activate daytime running lamps, “one-touch” turn signals, enable a temporarily increased engine idle speed for winching, clear engine codes, and even has a feature to help alignment technicians align the vehicle perfectly for optimal ESP performance.

The ProCal Module is equipped with a series of easy-to-use DIP switches. By reading the simple Quick Reference Guide included with the ProCal module, a user can quickly dial in a code for the desired recalibration. Once the DIP switches are set, simply plug the Module into the vehicle's OBDII. The whole process can be completed in mere minutes and it's just as easy to restore the vehicle back to its original settings with the ProCal.

Please note:

The AEV ProCal will enable axle gear ratio changes to be made to Wranglers equipped with the A580 Automatic transmission (2011+ 2.8L, 2012+ 3.6L)
The AEV ProCal cannot change axle gear ratios for 2011+ 2.8L CRD diesel Wranglers with manual transmissions. See more in the FAQ.
Key Features:

• Correct speedometer
• "One touch" turn signals
• Clear engine codes
• Easy to use DIP switches
• Recalibrate tire pressure monitor
• Increase engine idle speed
• Optimize ESP performance

Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Hell, now that I think about it a Durametric or VAGCOM computure software and diagnostic tools are only about $250-275 each.

Talk about bang for the buck compared to a lowering module.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
Hell, now that I think about it a Durametric or VAGCOM computure software and diagnostic tools are only about $250-275 each.

Talk about bang for the buck compared to a lowering module.
I believe you could lower it with piwis if on a budget. Expensive or not though, there seems to be a market for the lowering modules otherwise there would be a correction in said market...

Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by markdjr
Expensive or not though, there seems to be a market for the lowering modules otherwise there would be a correction in said market...

I have rarely if ever seen a parts supplier adjust their product price for the evolving market. They just eventually sell out over a long period (or get stuck with unwanted product)and never offer the product again.

I'm sure that their are a few people out there that are willing to spend the money. The real question is how many MORE units would sell at a more reasonable price?

I have no doubt that they are profitable at $1400-2000 per module the question is how much MORE profit could be made with a reasonably priced product? Could you sell 3x or 10x as many units? I honestly don't know!

Maybe so few people buy these that the price has to be so high to justify making them at all? Then again, maybe so few purchase them because of the price?!

I feel like I rarely see lowered Cayennes on any of these forums. So "most" owners aren't spending the money on a module. How much money could be made if it was a "no brainer price" where "most" owners did buy a module and nearly every Cayenne was lowered?

I'd personally rather sell a lot of something that totals a larger dollar value than simply selling a few of something that equals an okay dollar value.

Again, I have no idea what that price point really is. Just speculation on my part since you can buy a a bunch of way more complex automotive products for a fraction of the cost.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
B3nz0 is on a distinguished road
I completely agree. I've been wanting to lower my TurboS real bad, but the price is too damn high. Around $500 is reasonable. Because with the current prices of things i rather spend it on a aquamist meth injection kit. Lets see, 2 grand for 40mm of lowering or 2 grand for big horsepower gains? The prices of these modules are not justified. I don't care about how much R&D these companies claim went into the modules because like it was said before Alot of other comparable cars like the RR have modules for 1/4 of the price. "Just because its a porsche charge more" argument doesn't make sense these cars are older. I completely agree with you Cole. If the modules were around $500 the inventory will fly off the shelves. But anything over a grand is gonna sit for a long time. If any sponsors can get their module under a grand, I'm sure we can get a monster group buy going.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold

I was quoting the guarantee portion of your statement. You did try to hekp me and even sent me a new unit but I'm not getting the drop levels you advertised and we were unable to figure it out. So I dropped some coin on a unit and only get about 3/4 in drop from stock! Not exactly what I was looking for. You did give great customer service however

Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by B3nz0
I completely agree. I've been wanting to lower my TurboS real bad, but the price is too damn high. Around $500 is reasonable. Because with the current prices of things i rather spend it on a aquamist meth injection kit. Lets see, 2 grand for 40mm of lowering or 2 grand for big horsepower gains? The prices of these modules are not justified. I don't care about how much R&D these companies claim went into the modules because like it was said before Alot of other comparable cars like the RR have modules for 1/4 of the price. "Just because its a porsche charge more" argument doesn't make sense these cars are older. I completely agree with you Cole. If the modules were around $500 the inventory will fly off the shelves. But anything over a grand is gonna sit for a long time. If any sponsors can get their module under a grand, I'm sure we can get a monster group buy going.
OK, so let me ask you guys this....our unit sells for $1400 retail. What would you guys consider a fair group buy price if we could get, let's say, 10 people together?

Let me know and I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me put something together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Modules