Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering Modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
OK, so let me ask you guys this....our unit sells for $1400 retail. What would you guys consider a fair group buy price if we could get, let's say, 10 people together?

Let me know and I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me put something together.
what happened to this????

Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
OK, so let me ask you guys this....our unit sells for $1400 retail. What would you guys consider a fair group buy price if we could get, let's say, 10 people together?

Let me know and I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me put something together.

I'd be interested in the group buy.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aspenone
what happened to this????
Originally Posted by Stage7
I'd be interested in the group buy.
Everyone seemed to be looking for a group buy price of around $400-$500, which unfortunately I just can't do.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone seemed to be looking for a group buy price of around $400-$500, which unfortunately I just can't do.
I'm not specifically looking for a group buy price of $400-500 (it would be nice though).

I'm interested in a group buy at the best price you can do with a group of people committing to buy at the same time.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stage7
I'm not specifically looking for a group buy price of $400-500 (it would be nice though).

I'm interested in a group buy at the best price you can do with a group of people committing to buy at the same time.

Me too!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 AM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
I have used one for sale if anyone is interested. $420 shipped.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
digitaljok is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
I have used one for sale if anyone is interested. $420 shipped.
Manufacturer (eg H&R, Champion, etc)??

Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 AM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
I've got a Gemballa lowering module for sale, I'll drop my price to $550.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by digitaljok
Manufacturer (eg H&R, Champion, etc)??
It doesnt say on the box that I can see but it looks like its a rinspeed?

Here is an actual pic of it..

Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
VM997C4S is on a distinguished road
Our module is $1400 and guaranteed to work.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cmslcu955t.htm

In stock and ready to ship.
Will it work from the inside?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VM997C4S
Will it work from the inside?
What do you mean?

When ours is installed, you still control the height of the car using the OEM switch. The only difference is that each preset driving* height is lowered by the amount you decide.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Cool

What do you mean?

When ours is installed, you still control the height of the car using the OEM switch. The only difference is that each preset driving* height is lowered by the amount you decide.
Out of curiosity can it be programmed to run higher than stock?

In the winter I've been running 265/65/18 (32s). And run it in the second highest setting around town (below 50mph). But if you cross 50 it will settle done to the normal setting and then of course to the lower setting above 70.

The bigger wheels are fun and give the CTT a much more aggressive look and feel.

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Then he would be the only person that's ever been able to do it with a PIWIS.
Sorry, bad information here. I lowered my CTT using a Durametric (PIWIS can do it too) before I got my Techart - not sure why others seemed to be stumped by this. I even have a set of crude instructions and meant to put up a "how to" thread on it. The VW Touareg guys have been doing something similar for years. I even helped fellow 6speeder "SLVR-GTstreet" with lowering his CTT using the Durametric. Its fairly simple - it just takes advantage of the stock calibration method to trick the truck into thinking it is sitting too high and lowers it. It rode great - the only reason I went with the Techart module was a got a great price preowned and wanted it to lower automatically when locked.

I will put up a thread sometime this week on how to lower your Cayenne 9PA, 9PA1 with a Durametric...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 02-25-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
^ If the Durametric actually works to lower the Cayenne safely, I would be happy to donate $10 to your Cayenne fund via paypal.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Sorry, bad information here. I lowered my CTT using a Durametric (PIWIS can do it too) before I got my Techart - not sure why others seemed to be stumped by this. I even have a set of crude instructions and meant to put up a "how to" thread on it. The VW Touareg guys have been doing something similar for years. I even helped fellow 6speeder "SLVR-GTstreet" with lowering his CTT using the Durametric. Its fairly simple - it just takes advantage of the stock calibration method to trick the truck into thinking it is sitting too high and lowers it. It rode great - the only reason I went with the Techart module was a got a great price preowned and wanted it to lower automatically when locked.

I will put up a thread sometime this week on how to lower your Cayenne 9PA, 9PA1 with a Durametric...

Hope this helps.
If you post the instructions, I will happily test them with a PIWIS here at the shop and report back on whether or not it works with PIWIS.

Keep in mind the Touareg and Cayenne use totally different interfaces and control modules, which is why the Touareg can be lowered with VAG-COM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Modules