Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

So I've driven it. Now what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:25 AM
jinmin803 is on a distinguished road
So I've driven it. Now what?

Well, first of all I would like to introduce myself, and say hi, since this is my first official post on this forum. For a while I have been interested in Porsches, specially the 911 C4S. I drive an Acura CL right now, and got so bored with it, I decided to look into some cars that would be more exciting and fun to drive. I live in Michigan, where snow is a big problem, but I still wanted a driver's car that would be engaging, and somewhat impreactical. The C4S seemed like a good car for me, since it was a 911 and it had wheel dirve for the winter. Yesterday, I went to my local dealer to see what the availablity of it was, and kinda got me interested in the other Porsche lineup as well. The Boxter was half the price of the C4S, and yes it is less practical, but it seemed like it would offer me enough rush as the C4S. And then I stared talking to the sales person, and he mentioned what a blast the Cayenne is to drive. I've never been a big fan of the Cayenne's look inside and out, but I thought I'd give it a try, since it seemed more reasonable and a more rational car for me. I took the Cayenne S out for a test drive, and was absoultely blown away! The guy kept on mentioning that I shouldn't think of the car as a SUV, after I mentioned that I'm not a big fan of SUVs. The performance was unbelievable, and I got such a rush from driving the car. I bet it's nothing compared to the C4S, but i was very impressed with the Cayenne. And the stereo was amazing! The best I've heard in any car so far. (that it considering that it's stock) Now I'm very serious about the Cayenne, specially the Turbo.

I just wanted to see what present and past owners of this car thought, and was hoping you guys could give me some feed back. How does it do on snow, specially with the 20 inch Turbo wheels? Any problems and so on... Any kind of feedback would be appriciated.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:12 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the board!

I've a TT for 7 months and 13,000 miles. It is absolutely the best anything I've ever owned! I have TT Cab too, but if I could only own one Porsche that I had to use everyday, this would be it. It has been an absolute pleasure to drive and only a couple of minor issues that haven't affected drivability.

Mine came with 19" wheels that I swapped for 18" Turbo wheels with all seasons. I've had Techart Formula 20s on since I bought it in April. I've never had the Cayenne in snow, but I've had 20s on a BMW X5 4.6 and they are awful. I put the 18s on today for the winter. They may be practical, but they look like **** compared to the Techarts or the 20" Sport Technos.

Go for the Cayenne, either one, and I promise that you will love it!

Old 11-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
One month and 1100 miles in my S.. I love it!!! Can't get enough of it!!! You won't be disappointed!!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
jinmin803 is on a distinguished road
thanks guys for the reply. so the 20's are not good in snow... i agree with you on that the 18s don't look as convincing as the 20s. but what can you do, safety always comes first, i guess. my only concern is the looks. i'm not totally convinced about how it looks. i know it is a minor issue once you start driving it, but still, i am more pursuaded by the FX45s looks. i guess the looks will grow on me eventually...

so, i guess i'll head back to my dealer first thing on monday to spend a bit more quality time with the Cayenne then...