Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 04:37 PM
NJ99 is on a distinguished road
New battery

How long do batteries tend to last. I have a 2016 base Cayenne and am bringing my car in for its three year service (about two months late) and was wondering whether it makes sense to do a preventive change of battery. I understand the battery is under the front seat? If it does die, would AAA be able to change it or jump it?

Old 04-27-2019, 05:10 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NJ99
How long do batteries tend to last. I have a 2016 base Cayenne and am bringing my car in for its three year service (about two months late) and was wondering whether it makes sense to do a preventive change of battery. I understand the battery is under the front seat? If it does die, would AAA be able to change it or jump it?
It varies. Short drives, all highway, when car not in use if was on battery tender, weather conditions, batteries hate extreme heat. That said, I change batteries in my cars every 3 to 4 years. You may get another year or more, but to me is rather cheap insurance to replace.

No way AAA can replace the battery, imo. Sure they can jump it with owner manual instructions, It is not done on the battery. I found it easiest to remove my battery by removing the seat, even though it is not necessary. Took about one hour. Actually pretty easy dyi.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:36 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
Follow the instructions here:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

You need two less common tools: 10 mm XZN bolt, and a T25 Torx screw.