Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Easy entry seats and trunk locking - '05 CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Easy entry seats and trunk locking - '05 CTT

Anyone know where I should start looking to fix 2 things? It is for my 2005 CTT.

1. Easy entry driver seat - mine no longer moves automatically back/forward when i enter car. Move manually with switches. Steering wheel still moves automatically though when entering/exiting car.
2. Car trunk lid wont unlock unless I open back doors first. That is, unlocked parked car, you can open trunk any time. IF i start car, drive, then park, open door and try open trunk, it wont, until i open any back door, then trunk is unlocked.

Anyone has ideas, I will greatly appreciate it.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 AM
LanceGT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
You could check your doors and confirm that all of them turn the dome lights on. I noticed that I had some of your symptoms and my drivers door and right rear door did not turn on the lights. After replacing the drivers door latch the autolock and unlock started working again. If a door doesn't trigger the door open signals some functions seems to have issues.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
toby.yeung is an unknown quantity at this point
It may worth it to ensure the trunk top window is closed and locked firmly. Some kind of weird symptoms appearing eg. alerts, lights & locks will want your attention, it doesn't do what it should be doing. It happened to mine once, it took me a while to sort this out. Lucky I didn't take action to visit the mechanic so early. Other area could be fuses but I am not qualified or experience enough to offer comments...

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2019, 06:25 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Curiously I checked the door lights (ones that are on the doors themselves, red, light up when you open door). The driver door light is out. I will see if it is the bulb, and go from there.
Can you tell me what door latch you replaced? Are you talking about the entire door lock mechanism?
Do you have pricing for parts you replaced? Time involvement? Thank you.

Originally Posted by LanceGT4
You could check your doors and confirm that all of them turn the dome lights on. I noticed that I had some of your symptoms and my drivers door and right rear door did not turn on the lights. After replacing the drivers door latch the autolock and unlock started working again. If a door doesn't trigger the door open signals some functions seems to have issues.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:05 PM
LanceGT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure if the door lights are on the same data path as the door open sensors. I replaced the drivers door latch. There is a micro switch that triggers on door open. it was about $200 from Pelican. It wasn't worth taking the door apart and not doing a full replacement. The process is a little fiddly but someone did a good writeup on RennTech.org you can search for.