Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Audio questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 01:21 PM
Pacman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Audio questions

New to the Porsche world, acquired an 04 Cayenne S, Canadian model, speedometer is in KPH, don’t like the PCM, would like to replace it, would like the steering wheel controls to work, unit needs Bluetooth, I’ll use my iPhone for navigation, would like to keep factory Bose speakers and sub. I’ve looked at some posts and don’t mind purchasing an adapter or two. Which are the best adapters to make everything work as it should but not have the navigation. What’s a good touch screen head unit?

Thanks,

Don

Old 03-02-2020, 09:43 PM
tekdave is an unknown quantity at this point
You can absolutely keep the Bose speakers and amps, you will need an adapter from a company like Scosche (sko-sh not Sko-sha) those adapters are however quite pricey, about $300 and adapt the Porsche Fiber Optic amps to a normal Radio interface. As for the Radio you will need a dual (or double) din kit (usually under $40) and don't for get the Radio its self, if you have an iPhone I would make sure the radio is Apple CarPlay capable, Radios can range from a couple of hundred well into the thousands depending on features and sound quality you want. It is a reasonable easy install there are videos all over the net on how to.. all depends on your comfort level with tearing into your beloved Cayenne.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:37 AM
Jim Hobbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I’ve just done the upgrade on my Cayenne with Bose and fibre optic. It was very easy, I got an android unit which is surprisingly good and came with a plug and play harness. I then spent £28 (around $32 US) for an adaptor which hooked up to my fibre and I maintained the entire system, steering wheel functions, Bose etc.

if you need any specific advise on what products pm me.

cheers
Jim.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:46 PM
bobbyjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
As above, get an Android unit to suit your Cayenne's facia (literally type android cayenne into Aliexpress) and then if you want physical buttons / ***** or full touch screen.
The only catch you might have is if you need Fakra antenna adapters which you basically won't know till you take the stock PCM out - the surround facia pops off then it's 4 torx (T25 maybe) that hold it in.
Most of the sellers have the options to add on the MOST adapter (fibre optic) and if you want IPS screen, Bluetooth 5.x (if the unit doesn't already have it) camera's etc etc.

PX6 is the newer, faster chipset so the pay the extra for that if you can.
FWIW this is the unit I got; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...27424c4d1kIlRg (PX6 with DSP, added the MOST and IPS) and I haven't had any problems with it.
There are lots of threads on Rennlist about it too.