Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My car has the shakes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:03 AM
CTTMCT is on a distinguished road
My car has the shakes!

Hey guys I have CTT 06 whenever I hit the brakes to slowdown from approx 120 kmph (75mph) the steering wheel vibrates like crazy..it starts out as a mild vibration, over time it becomes unbearable. Sent it to the dealers, they say the rotors get distorted due to the heat ( I live in the Oman ) and the heat caused by using the brakes..The dealer has changed the rotors twice under warranty and the shakes go away but seem to return after a few months. I do not push the car unusually hard.. as in I don't drive like a maniac.
How can the rotors last for such a short time? do any of you guys have the same problem?

Old 10-17-2006, 05:04 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
I drive my CTT everyday and i drive it pretty damn hard. There is something not right!

Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Sounds like warped rotors .. are you sure they are changing them? They might be keeping them on and just straightening them. Also, check the balance/alignment of the wheels. If that still doesn't fix the issue, look into a aftermarket brake kit (stoptech / brembo)

Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
was happening to me and they changed the rotors cost me over a grand i dont understand how thats not covered under warrenty

Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
FLOORIN04 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CTTMCT
Hey guys I have CTT 06 whenever I hit the brakes to slowdown from approx 120 kmph (75mph) the steering wheel vibrates like crazy..it starts out as a mild vibration, over time it becomes unbearable. Sent it to the dealers, they say the rotors get distorted due to the heat ( I live in the Oman ) and the heat caused by using the brakes..The dealer has changed the rotors twice under warranty and the shakes go away but seem to return after a few months. I do not push the car unusually hard.. as in I don't drive like a maniac.
How can the rotors last for such a short time? do any of you guys have the same problem?

8000 miles on mine with wife driving.Not a problem.Also alot of spirited driving with me behind the wheel in the mountains.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
FLOORIN04 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mishref
Sounds like warped rotors .. are you sure they are changing them? They might be keeping them on and just straightening them. Also, check the balance/alignment of the wheels. If that still doesn't fix the issue, look into a aftermarket brake kit (stoptech / brembo)

great point they may be just turning them down.This would make them thinner and heat up faster.Had a gmc dealer do this once on my yukon.Ended up being the "idiot"on showroom floor yelling.Truck had 5000 miles with town driving by my wife.They told me it was normal But I would check to see if they replaced or turn the rotors and if it was all or one or just front or back.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
ehaser1 is on a distinguished road
Might be a result of living in an extremely hot environment accopmanied by spirited driving...

Make sure you dont wash your car without letting it cool down as the cool wather might warp the rotors?
Mine is squeeky once in a while due to brake dust but never vibrates...
Have you checked the wheels as well? Might be a front rim warp..

Old 10-18-2006, 02:21 AM
CTTMCT is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback all. Just gave the service manager an earful. He said there might be rust on the brakes disks .. regardless the retards should have caught that while they were "replacing the rotors" I suspect they didnt change jack the last two times I complained. Should have asked them to bag the parts, serves me right to trust a dealership to do the right thing.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:11 AM
kooser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CTTMCT
Thanks for the feedback all. Just gave the service manager an earful. He said there might be rust on the brakes disks .. regardless the retards should have caught that while they were "replacing the rotors" I suspect they didnt change jack the last two times I complained. Should have asked them to bag the parts, serves me right to trust a dealership to do the right thing.
Unfortunately whatever is removed from your car and replaced under warranty by PCNA is considered as property of PCNA and is shipped back to them - so they wouldn't give you the parts, but you could request to inspect them once they have been removed.

Not buying any comments about extremely hot climate and warping - I do however suggest an alignment check and balnce check of your wheels.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
I would also look at pads, make sure they are replaced when the rotors are, as the warped pattern has been set up in the old pads.