Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pano Roof and Roof Rails...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Pano Roof and Roof Rails...

I was told by the dealer that I purchased my CTTS from (Isringhausen) that the roof rails would work. I then read that they won't. Anyone know the answer to this? My CTTS has tracks for roof rails so why wouldn't they work? I am looking to purchase some Aluminum look rails so if anyone knows I would appreciate it. I am talking about the ones that run from front to rear, not the transport bars that go across from side to side.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Doesnt work, not sure.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
It would probably work, but I don't think Porsche wants the liability of your luggage crashing through the glass.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by racer_65
It would probably work, but I don't think Porsche wants the liability of your luggage crashing through the glass.
I really just want them for looks, I won't be putting anything up there.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I have done some research. The alum. roof rails won't work as the inner portion of the rails will overlap with your pano roof, and therefore prevent the glass to open.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I wound up ordering a set of the aluminum look roof rails. I am curious to see why they don't fit and if they can be modified to allow for the Pano roof to open. I don't open the roof that often and I will very rarely put anything up on the roof, This is purely for cosmetics. The dealer said they will issue a refund if in fact they don't work and I can't modify them to work. I should have them mid next week and will keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Good luck Griff! I just got a set for my wife's truck and they certainly enhance the looks. On a side note I am dropping her car off tonight for a custom exhaust and Evo intake....

I see you still have the RUF! You should come out to one of our weekly meets before you sell her. I'll give you a call later in the week....

Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Good luck Griff! I just got a set for my wife's truck and they certainly enhance the looks. On a side note I am dropping her car off tonight for a custom exhaust and Evo intake....

I see you still have the RUF! You should come out to one of our weekly meets before you sell her. I'll give you a call later in the week....
Sounds good, I will try and make it one of these days. I am not selling the RUF anymore, I am not going to give the car away for 80k or whatever. I would rather keep it and enjoy it.
What are you doing for the exhaust? The magna flows like someone else did? Let me know, I will be doing one at some point. I am sure your wife is much happier with the Turbo!! Speak with you soon........

Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Griza
Sounds good, I will try and make it one of these days. I am not selling the RUF anymore, I am not going to give the car away for 80k or whatever. I would rather keep it and enjoy it.
What are you doing for the exhaust? The magna flows like someone else did? Let me know, I will be doing one at some point. I am sure your wife is much happier with the Turbo!! Speak with you soon........
Great News!!! Glad your keeping the RUF! It is one of the most beautiful Porsches/RUfs I've ever laid my eyes on. Let's definately GTG soon!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Griff,
i went through this. the rails didn't work. i have pano roof wishing i could add the rails. the secure inserts for the rails just happen to be in the wrong spots. the slots are longer for the cars that have pano roof that's causing the problem. if u have side by side pics of the 2 u'll see what i'm talking about.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Griff,
i went through this. the rails didn't work. i have pano roof wishing i could add the rails. the secure inserts for the rails just happen to be in the wrong spots. the slots are longer for the cars that have pano roof that's causing the problem. if u have side by side pics of the 2 u'll see what i'm talking about.
Pretty rediculously stupid of Porsche to put tracks for roof rails and not have them fit. .......I am going to try and be creative and somehow fabricate brackets or something to make it work. I am on a mission!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks though for the info Arling. I am sure if there was a way, you have figured it out.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
the inserts were like a puzzle. i tried for awhile but couldn't figure out. i wish they work but Porsche says no.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
brmike22 is on a distinguished road
i have the roof transport system on my 06 CTT with pano. roof rails wouldn't fit, but the brushed aluminum horizontal transport setup works just fine. pano open all the way with no rubbing at all.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brmike22
i have the roof transport system on my 06 CTT with pano. roof rails wouldn't fit, but the brushed aluminum horizontal transport setup works just fine. pano open all the way with no rubbing at all.
Are you talking about the rails that run the length of the vehicle, that would be to the left and the right of the panoroof?? Are those the ones that fit???

Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
brmike22 is on a distinguished road
no, i'm talking about the roof transport system that runs the width of the vehicle not the length.
to date they've worked fine for a few light objects(christmas trees,etc) and they are removable when you want them off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pano Roof and Roof Rails...