Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Service Light Reset?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Taiwanese is on a distinguished road
I have a 2010 V6. I wish there is a way to reset the service light for those who DIY.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Just did the 60k on mine (for like $200 in parts). Pressed the Trip Odo button, Inserted the Key & turned to 2nd Position. Display states "Reset Service". Press RESET on Stalk. Done.

However, I understand this only works on the 1st Generations.
What years are considered 1st generations..?? I have a 2006 Cayenne S Titanium Edition.

Thanks,

Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Just did the 60k on mine (for like $200 in parts). Pressed the Trip Odo button, Inserted the Key & turned to 2nd Position. Display states "Reset Service". Press RESET on Stalk. Done.

However, I understand this only works on the 1st Generations.

I haven't tried on my 06 CS yet, but have heard this trick was disabled w/ the new code upgrade.

According to my service adviser my 06 CS is running on the latest code, so will give a try when I need it.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ammo_collector
On some models, you can hold the odometer button on while turning on the key. The display will say "Service Reset", then press the Reset button on the windshield wiper stalk. Didn't work on mine, but some other people have had success.
Works on my 04 CTT! Also cleared a CEL from a loose gas cap by removing fuses 9, 10, 11, and 15 from the underhood fuse block.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 PM
codey is on a distinguished road
I have a 1st generation Cayenne. If I hold the ODO button, insert the key, turn it to the second slot, and press the reset button while it says service reset on the screen it will reset the warning. However, when I turn the car back on the warning appears again. I've done this several times. When I do the service reset the menu will show no warnings. When I turn the car off and then back on again the startup screen will show service now and the menu will show 1 warning.

What is the deal? Its as if the service reset function only works on the startup you perform the reset on.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
If you've had any SoftWare Updates or similar TSB's... it was removed.

Sorry.

Originally Posted by codey
I have a 1st generation Cayenne. If I hold the ODO button, insert the key, turn it to the second slot, and press the reset button while it says service reset on the screen it will reset the warning. However, when I turn the car back on the warning appears again. I've done this several times. When I do the service reset the menu will show no warnings. When I turn the car off and then back on again the startup screen will show service now and the menu will show 1 warning.

What is the deal? Its as if the service reset function only works on the startup you perform the reset on.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 AM
TommyH is on a distinguished road
I can recommend the Durametric usb diagnostic tool, works great to remove faulty codes and service reminders.
I bought the Enthusiast Package, it can only handle 3vin numbers but i only have one porsch so its ok for me

http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx

/ Tommy

Old 10-24-2010, 08:11 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
What does this tool do, besides its 'reset' capabilities, that my OBD II tool can't ?

Originally Posted by TommyH
I can recommend the Durametric usb diagnostic tool, works great to remove faulty codes and service reminders.
I bought the Enthusiast Package, it can only handle 3vin numbers but i only have one porsch so its ok for me

http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx

/ Tommy

Old 10-24-2010, 10:39 AM
TommyH is on a distinguished road
What does this tool do, besides its 'reset' capabilities, that my OBD II tool can't ?
this is allso an obd2 tool, but from -05 i guess your tool dosnt work,(Vag tools dosent)
i have only reset my reminder and lookt tru the menues so i have to point you to the website.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Munch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud of
Anyone in Colorado wanna go halfszies??