Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

22" Sport Techno Replica's are on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
22" Sport Techno Replica's are on...

I know I know TPIWWP I will get some up asap. I got these rims and tires few weeks ago and just put them on yesterday. I was waiting for the TPMS sensors. I wrapped them in Toyo S/T's 295/30/22 and I am very very happy with the way everything came out. To get a set of 22" rims and tires for $2200 was a no brainer and they look fantastic. The ride is a little sharper over rough pavement, but no big deal as I am used to that with changing to larger rims on most cars that I have owned. Since the tires only have ~100 miles on them I haven't pushed it but initial feel is the handling is much improved. The turn in is much crisper with immediate response. It almost feels that the body roll has reduced some as well but I don't know if that is possible. I had these Toyos on my 4.6is X5 and was not happy with them but for some reason, they feel much better on the CTTS.
One thing to note, I purchased the rims from Discount tire and two of them were bent. They were shipped with minimal protection and I don't know if they sent me ****ty rims, or if UPS was to blame. Luckily, I have a good friend with the best wheel repair shop around. He repaired them on the spot and Road forced balanced them. All in all, huge improvement, well worth it and anyone on the fence abut 22"s, its a no question mod just like the Bypass pipes. I have 275/40/20 Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow going on the stock 20" Sport Technos for winter.
I have some lowering links also but I am not sure if I am going to put them on. I like the way it sits as is but I might change my mind.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Pics!!! $2200 looks a GREAT deal

Old 09-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
u drive a Turbo S and uses replica wheels???

Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
codey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Crea
Porsche doesn't make 22" Sport Techno's
If you want stock look at that size you have to go replica.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Crea
Yes, I also have an RTurbo 550 Ruf conversion. So what? I like the replica Sport Technos and don't feel the need to spend $8k when I can spend $2k and get what I like.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:07 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Griza
Yes, I also have an RTurbo 550 Ruf conversion. So what? I like the replica Sport Technos and don't feel the need to spend $8k when I can spend $2k and get what I like.
Good for you! It is all about what you like and nothing more. I would just be concerned about ensuring they are quality and safe. If so, more power to you! Now post pics.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
:up:

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Griza

Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
adiaz is on a distinguished road
lets see some pics!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
My new camera should be here sometime this week, I will take pics then. I will get laughed off the board if I post pics from a disposable!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
nice Griff! Can't wait to see how they look. I was going to get these for my wife's last Cayenne but ended up with the Techarts instead. I'm sure your new wheels look awesome.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Can't seem to upload the pics but here they are....

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/gfind23/CTTS/

The new pics are the first 9 pics. If someone can post them that would be great. The new pics show the 22's, tinted windows, tinted tails and side markers, and transport bars on the roof. Some pics are in the low setting and others in the load level setting. I have lowering links which I am debating on putting on.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
That looks hot!!!! the 22s look great. congrats

Old 09-13-2007, 04:41 PM
sc3gte is on a distinguished road
looks real good with a dam good price

Old 09-13-2007, 05:50 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
GRIZA, lookin REALLY good. I had a set of them on my truck for a few months and then a buddy of mine bought them for his T'reg.

I actually have a (1) new spare 22" Wheel/Tire, Sport Techno/Parada SpecX 285/35 if someone needs one PM me.

Attached Images   

Last edited by GoldenPEPPA; 09-13-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Thats a very nice TTs. Love the blue with light color int. I've play around your pic with PS. The factory way to color match your wheels look nice with your silver trims. Lowered with yellow calipers! Hope you like it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 22" Sport Techno Replica's are on...