Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PICS: 2011 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Ask, and you shall receive...

Enjoy!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 PM
TheAMV8 is on a distinguished road
@DBV: Thanks so much for taking the time to snap the photos!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Just not doing it for me.After the newness wears off which will not take long you will see this design is not that hot.Not a 100k look.The sides and back are just to bland.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:45 PM
So to do some nitpicking

I think they have done a great job on the front-end of the turbo, and the roofline looks good to me - both from the side and the front. I'm also reasonably comfortable with the sides, though I do wish that had given it more "hips" towards the rear - something I love about the GTS and which gives it such an aggressive stance.

I also really like the 21" rims - though I'll be getting the 19s since storing a second set for snow is a real pain where I live

Couple areas I'm not comfortable with (admittedly I have not seen the car in person) are the tail lights and most recently the side view mirrors - not sure how much I like the unpainted lower portion.

I will say that I'm not finding much issue with the direct view onto the rear - and it is growing on me more over time. It is the 45 degree view that I'm having the most trouble with. I think it's shape and size (they seem large) of the tail lights along with the seam that curves up from the wheel well to the tip of the light are the biggest issues for me.

Basically my eye first hits the large lights, then travels to the pointed tip and down the seam to the wheel well, whereas I would personally prefer them to follow the line along the side of the car towards the front end.

With all this in mind, I'll probably still take delivery because it is a beast of a truck and I think the pros outweigh more than outweigh the cons. Specifically wonderful performance, an awesome interior, and some really good tech.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Gorgeous and I love the comments about it being lighter on its feet, faster, more efficient, yet it feels more solid.

Now that is progress, can't wait to pick one up as I loved my Cayenne but the weight really hurts its feel and potential.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the pics! I like the rear shot straight on. The car has an aggressive stance to me from that angle. I also see some of the rear hips retained from the previous generation as well. Front looks great. Dealer called me and he has an S and hopefully the turbo will make it to the floor by Saturday so I can drive both. Of course, I really want the turbo with the 21's.

AM, did you get an ETA on your turbo? You may be the first one here to get one!

Last edited by JenK; 06-16-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Just not doing it for me.After the newness wears off which will not take long you will see this design is not that hot.Not a 100k look.The sides and back are just to bland.
Don't know if it's worth the $990, but the wheel arch extensions with side moldings might help the sides out a bit. Any thoughts?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:01 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Nice thread. I'm waiting on Sand Yellow and carbon. Post more pics.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 AM
big crepe money will become famous soon enough
Great to see all the improvements.

Not liking the new look though, especially the rear lights, IMO the design is too Chris Bangle-ish.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by JenK
Thanks for the pics! I like the rear shot straight on. The car has an aggressive stance to me from that angle. I also see some of the rear hips retained from the previous generation as well. Front looks great. Dealer called me and he has an S and hopefully the turbo will make it to the floor by Saturday so I can drive both. Of course, I really want the turbo with the 21's.

AM, did you get an ETA on your turbo? You may be the first one here to get one!
My CA got the order into the system on Friday & asked for any final tweaks I might want. I'm agonizing over the 19 vs 20 inch wheels right now. Will likely stick with the 19s

I actually don't want delivery until late-sept when my x5 lease runs out, so I'm pretty sure others will have theirs first. The dealer here is also getting an S in this week so I'll definitely go take a look at that

Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I think I am going jet black metallic on black on my turbo!
Are you going to get the blacked out trim?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
On the 45 degree angle I agree. Perhaps another color might pull the curves out more.

White is a non-functional color where I am. Just not safe enough for winter driving.

However, I like the black lower halves of the mirrors, running board areas and the under tip and tail, and the black wheel arch extensions--it makes this white work.

+ With white one might save ~50 pounds with white and stay cooler. +

I prefer the trapezoid shape of my 2005 CTT exhaust.

I think the tail lights are horrible. I do not want Day Running Light foisted off on me and those LEDs show for miles. One of the advantages of this machine is that it looks like any other soccer mom's car. Hence, I get a few more seconds to slow down when LE comes in range. The CTT's do not look like they are going fast and makes for a nicer daily driver--far more practical.

I also do not want my car posted with PORSCHE in big letters. Sometimes I want my model deleted just to stay to profile. People get jealous, even cops.

Blacked out trim might look bad but it is too much of an eye catcher. Titanium blends in with the road at distance and I don't want them to see me coming. The more stealth, the better.

I highly recommend separate sets of wheels & tires for snow. I lean towards smaller wheels for comfort and affordability.

While I love my OEM 20" Diamaris, their just too expensive at 6,000 miles a set and our roads are so rutted that on wider tires people complain about getting thrown around. Besides driving situations (asphalt, gravel, dirt) are so variable that I'm putting om 18" AT tires back on--even for autocrossing! They last 50,000 miles and cost half as much. However, I would never drive as fast on them. Well, comparably.

The new running gear with PVT+ and PDDC and improved gas mileage (range) make the new CTT very appealing.

Last edited by gr8ful; 06-16-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
Are you going to get the blacked out trim?
No, not for me. I like the chrome or whatever it is. As much as I want one now, I am probably going to wait until the fall or winter to order one. I am most likely going to take a bath on my trade, so I want to payoff as much of my car as possible. Problem is, I will turn 10,000 miles next month on it and you know how the value drops even after 10k. The trade over they gave me was ridiculous to begin with!

So, I will have to drool over yours and others until I get mine. Or I can get an S and keep the 911.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Yes, and they expect to mark your trade up and make $20k off it alone!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
No, not for me. I like the chrome or whatever it is. As much as I want one now, I am probably going to wait until the fall or winter to order one. I am most likely going to take a bath on my trade, so I want to payoff as much of my car as possible. Problem is, I will turn 10,000 miles next month on it and you know how the value drops even after 10k. The trade over they gave me was ridiculous to begin with!

So, I will have to drool over yours and others until I get mine. Or I can get an S and keep the 911.
Hmmm.... Having read your recent posts, it feels like you really have your heart on the turbo. I would personally hold-off and wait to get it - maybe use the time to sell you 911 private party, though that is always such a pain.

I suspect that if you get an S, you'll have that little twinge whenever you see a Turbo.

I personally want to get down to one car by the middle of next year, and I'm thinking the turbo will satisfy all the "urges"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS: 2011 Cayenne Turbo