Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne S or 2010 Range Rover HSE Fullsize

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 AM
arktos is on a distinguished road
2011 Cayenne S or 2010 Range Rover HSE Fullsize

Hi Everyone I'm new here. Deciding which to buy. Any input would help. Thanks

Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Volar Lounge is on a distinguished road
The Range Rover has more tech in it, while the Porsche will be the better driving car.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
I love the Range Rover but I think it's more of a cruiser than the Porsche.
The Porsche almost feels like a sports car jacked up.

Also, the interior choice was the RR offers some unique look to it.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the replies

Old 06-19-2010, 07:18 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Having owned the RR Supercharged (full size not the Sport) and Cayenne Turbo S, I will say they are both really nice. I will agree with the others who note the Cayenne is much more engaging to drive. The Range Rover is larger, has less power, drives more like a truck. The Cayenne is smaller and handles more like a car. Both interiors are different but nice. The Range Rover attracts more attention than the Cayenne. You are in a good spot to be able to pick one of the two.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:21 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
You have to drive them both, preferably back-to-back. I haven't driven the Rover, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near the driver that the Cayenne is. A vehicle that's made for serious off-roading like the Range Rover (not that anyone actually does it) has to give up some on-road handling characteristics.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
The new range rover is different from the old one, I test drove a '10 RR Sport S/C and I liked it but the ride was pretty harsh... it was pretty fast though with the new S/C Engine.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
scott is on a distinguished road
The RR is getting a redo for 2012, out Fall 2011. Reportedly 40% lighter! Supposed to be very nice. Fuel economy will be better too.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
paulycw is on a distinguished road
Porsche was recently ranked by JD Power in its Initial Quality Study in First Place, while Land Rover ranked dead last. While not dispositive, you can draw inference regarding the short and long term reliability of the brands.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:46 PM
TheAMV8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by paulycw
Porsche was recently ranked by JD Power in its Initial Quality Study in First Place, while Land Rover ranked dead last. While not dispositive, you can draw inference regarding the short and long term reliability of the brands.
Reliability has always been one of my biggest concerns with the rovers. Just about everyone of my friends/colleagues who have owned them has had issues from leaks to electrical and mechanical.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
Reliability has always been one of my biggest concerns with the rovers. Just about everyone of my friends/colleagues who have owned them has had issues from leaks to electrical and mechanical.
The leaks, electrical issues and mechanical issues (we had them all) coupled with a horrible local dealer is what prompted us to get rid of our full-sized Supercharged. All of our issues were minor and covered under warranty, but the dealership just made every trip so unpleasant that after about sixth or eighth visit, we never wanted to go back.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the input. My main concern was the reliability of the RR. I test drove both 2010 HSE and Supercharged full size and the 2010 Cayenne GTS. I haven't test driven the new Cayenne S but I loved the way the GTS drove on the road. I'm not into offroading so the RR would be used onroad only. The interior is roomy but I think the poor reliability would overshadow that. I think I'm going for the Cayenne, thanks again for the replies.