Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Finally took Delivery...'11 V6 Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 05:19 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Finally took Delivery...'11 V6 Review

Finally took delivery of my 2011 Cayenne 6sp manual .

Better pics to come, Promise!!!

-V6, 6sp
-Silver/Platinum Grey
-BOSE
-Premium Package
-Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
-Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
-Porsche Active Suspension Managmement (PASM)
-20" RS Spyder Design Wheels
-Non-Smoker Package
-Deletion of Model Designation

So, here it goes...There's something in me that wonders, every time I drive a manual porsche, why anyone would want a PDK unless they're competing at the track. Well, this thought still hasn't changed now that i've take delivery of my 6sp Cayenne. This Porsche is truly an amazing machine! I was def hesitant going to an "SUV" (i use this term loosely b/c the Cayenne is the furthest thing from a traditional SUV) from only owning sports cars over the past 10 years. I went out of my way to order as many sporty options that fit in my budget, which is why i spent money on PASM and PTV, in order to make the Cayenne as sports car-like as possible. Well, i believe that i succeeded! Other then the size, you really dont even fell like your driving a truck. It handles like a porsche sports cars. You can whip it around turns, thanks to the PTV, I imagine. And the sports button really helps too, really helping throttle response. I don't know if i'll ever turn it off! The V6, with or without sports mode, has plenty of power, in my opinion, and i'm coming from a modified BMW 335, 350whp Supercharged 330ci and an stage 2 STI, to name a few i've owned over the years. I can't speak to the V6 w/ an auto, but with a manual 6sp, its got power in all of the right places. Still breaking it in so keeping it under 4grand, or trying , so I'll have to update everyone once i can really wind it out!

Now, on to the Tranny. Its great! The throws are on the short side. It def feels Porsche. Has the Porsche notchiness that i've grown up with (I learned to drive stick on a '96 993 Cabrio). The clutch is managable but still on the heavy side, giving it that sports car feel. All I can say, is that if you are a manual tranny guy, its great!

Lastly, the PCM w/ Nav & Bose is really amazing. All of the XM integration with weather, traffic, etc. All info you'd ever need is at your finger tips! And i mean it literally, being that you can control almost everything with the multi-function steering wheel. The Bose system sounds pretty good too, being on the better end of OEM systems I've listened too.

I'm sure this "review" didn't do my Cayenne justice but enough for now. Time to do some more driving! Better pics to come and more details on the car too! Let me know if anyone has any specific questions.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
iceman912 is on a distinguished road
Congrates, cayenne is a great car. U will enjoy it....but if u hv to get a manual, i guess its for the fun factor. Why dont get a GT or sports car.?I think a6speed on a tank is simply not practical. And to say why 98% of people would buy an auto then a manual is actually a slap to ur own face. Btw the cayenne does not hv a PDK transmission. It has an 8 speed auto.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:41 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Congrats, and nice write up. Please post more pics of the interior when u get a chance, I dont think I've seen the plat grey other than on the Porsche website.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by iceman912
Congrates, cayenne is a great car. U will enjoy it....but if u hv to get a manual, i guess its for the fun factor. Why dont get a GT or sports car.?I think a6speed on a tank is simply not practical. And to say why 98% of people would buy an auto then a manual is actually a slap to ur own face. Btw the cayenne does not hv a PDK transmission. It has an 8 speed auto.
I know it doesn't come with PDK. I was just talking in general terms. Manual vs. Anything else And, of course, i disagree. Can't knock it til you try it. I would have loved another sports car but i needed something a little more practical this time around. This is the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by slw23
Congrats, and nice write up. Please post more pics of the interior when u get a chance, I dont think I've seen the plat grey other than on the Porsche website.
I def will as soon as i have a chance.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Jsonorous is on a distinguished road
Looks great GBX! I'm a fan of the PASM/PTV combo.

Last edited by Jsonorous; 05-07-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Jsonorous
Looks great GBX! I'm a fan of the PASM/PTV combo.
It whips you around corners. It's really amazing!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GBXSport
It whips you around corners. It's really amazing!
+1,it's sooo effective..my pepper sometimes feel more stable in and out of corners than in a straight line..
It must be lots of fun to enjoy in conjunction with a manual tranny

Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
+1,it's sooo effective..my pepper sometimes feel more stable in and out of corners than in a straight line..
It must be lots of fun to enjoy in conjunction with a manual tranny
can't wait til break-in is over. Then i can really start enjoying it!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:09 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:59 PM
m34door is on a distinguished road
congrats

Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Love your review. Wife and I had a long discussion about this. We both drive and love manual. Being that it will be the eventual kids hauler we decided that this time around we get an automatic car. That way we have both in the family and in the city driving (90% for us) its nice to get a break every once in a while. I hope to add a 4 door sedan in the near future and will make sure its a manual.

Wonderful ride! Congrats.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 AM
tmullinsjr is on a distinguished road
11Cayenne V6

I have a V6 Cayenne with PASM and the 8 speed auto. I've already broken it in. I live in Germany. I can tell you, in sport mode, in manual shift mode, shifting with the paddles....on a winding farmers road.... WOW! This is not a SUV. My wife inherited my 09 C63. The cayenne is way more fun to drive. Plus, when I'm stuck in traffic (stau), the auto is great.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
congrats

Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
dochusar is on a distinguished road
Well, I just picked up my 2011 Cayenne V6 this past week. Cannot wait to try everything this machine has to offer. I have to be careful during the break-in period.

Will post better pictures later.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
INDV6 is on a distinguished road
How long is the break in period ? I think i missed that in the owner's manual...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally took Delivery...'11 V6 Review