Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Picking up the CS in about 2 weeks - Is there a to do checklist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Picking up the CS in about 2 weeks - Is there a to do checklist

It's been a little while since I've personally handled the details of a purchase of a car and this is the first (but def. not last) Porsche.

Do you guys have a checklist of things I need to do / what I need to inspect the day I go pick up the Cayenne?

The sales adviser has already said he'll be throwing in some goodies since this is my first Porsche (I'm sure he wants future business) - not sure what those goodies are yet but hopefully will get the standard (plate holder, hat, key chain, all weather mats, etc.).

Any and all responses would be very helpful!

Things I'm doing now - researching clear bras and window tinting (quite a few threads on this and I think the jury is still out on what is the best for this vehicle) and price shopping for these.

Thanks all.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Congrats! almost here!

I'd say take your time on learning the PCM as it will save you a lot of time later flipping thru the manual.

if you decide to do clear bra, ask if the installer uses a "laser cut", i am not too sure why this is better but my rep says the newer installers all use this and supposedly its thinner and fits better.

good luck!

Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
get the clear bra first thing. Then drive away like it's meant to be.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
You might want to look into this sealant product once you get the car and it's still clean.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2B3WACBWPDWRJ

I'm getting my CTT in about 2-3 weeks and plan on doing the sealant and putting on a clear bra.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by No.92
You might want to look into this sealant product once you get the car and it's still clean.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002LBKFQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A2B3WACBWPDWRJ

I'm getting my CTT in about 2-3 weeks and plan on doing the sealant and putting on a clear bra.
The dealer has already been pushing Cilajet, Xzilon, etc. If I do go with one of these products I'm going to purchase it from Amazon as the warrantied price is not worth it.

As for the clear bra what pricing are you guys getting for the 3M bra?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
we did Cilajet and clear bra on our cls63,forgot the pricing on Cilajet but for the cls63 clear bra cost $600 for front bumper, side mirror, door edges.( i think they originally wanted 1k)

for the CTT they charged me 955 for the same places, i was getting a good deal on the car so didnt bargain with them on the clear bra.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by mteddylee
we did Cilajet and clear bra on our cls63,forgot the pricing on Cilajet but for the cls63 clear bra cost $600 for front bumper, side mirror, door edges.( i think they originally wanted 1k)

for the CTT they charged me 955 for the same places, i was getting a good deal on the car so didnt bargain with them on the clear bra.
I'm not sure what Cilajet is, but if it's a perma-wax or permanent clear coat that they warrant for 5yrs, I did my research and people are saying it's a bunch of BS. I did put it on my Audi TT when I bought it and I thought it looked great. My car was shiny after each wash. But it still is after 10yrs. So, I'm not sure if it was really the perma-wax or if it was just the high quality clear coat that the factory puts on the car. And for $1200, I think I got had big time by the dealer at the time. I was going to get clear coat done again on my CTT, but after reading stuff online and from people who use to work at dealerships, it sounds like a scam. They simply buy the same stuff you can get on Amazon and pass it off as some hi-tech permanent wax. The link I provided for the Klasse is highly rated and is suppose to last about a year. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, you could save yourself some money.

As far as the clear bra, I'm definitely do this after seeing all the rock chips on the front of my TT after all these years. I have been quoted something like $300 from a 3rd party place that uses 3M clear bras. The dealer I'm sure will want to charge an arm and a leg. We'll see when we talk to the finance people.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by No.92
I'm not sure what Cilajet is, but if it's a perma-wax or permanent clear coat that they warrant for 5yrs, I did my research and people are saying it's a bunch of BS. I did put it on my Audi TT when I bought it and I thought it looked great. My car was shiny after each wash. But it still is after 10yrs. So, I'm not sure if it was really the perma-wax or if it was just the high quality clear coat that the factory puts on the car. And for $1200, I think I got had big time by the dealer at the time. I was going to get clear coat done again on my CTT, but after reading stuff online and from people who use to work at dealerships, it sounds like a scam. They simply buy the same stuff you can get on Amazon and pass it off as some hi-tech permanent wax. The link I provided for the Klasse is highly rated and is suppose to last about a year. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, you could save yourself some money.

As far as the clear bra, I'm definitely do this after seeing all the rock chips on the front of my TT after all these years. I have been quoted something like $300 from a 3rd party place that uses 3M clear bras. The dealer I'm sure will want to charge an arm and a leg. We'll see when we talk to the finance people.
Agreed no way am I going through the dealer to get Cilajet or any comparable product I'd just buy it myself on Amazon. I'll look into the Klasse - thanks.

Agreed on the clear bra...even today I noticed new rock chips on my M3 . I guess I'm wondering what happens when the rocks hit the clear bra does the bra start to get scratched and will eventually puncture a hole? Either way I'm going to get it based on the chips on my M3 (even though it probably gets more rocks due to being so low to the ground).

$300?!?!?! That sounds cheaper than anything I've heard? How much of the car is being done? And are you in SoCal if so PM me and let me know the contact at the shop doing this. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Agreed no way am I going through the dealer to get Cilajet or any comparable product I'd just buy it myself on Amazon. I'll look into the Klasse - thanks.

Agreed on the clear bra...even today I noticed new rock chips on my M3 . I guess I'm wondering what happens when the rocks hit the clear bra does the bra start to get scratched and will eventually puncture a hole? Either way I'm going to get it based on the chips on my M3 (even though it probably gets more rocks due to being so low to the ground).

$300?!?!?! That sounds cheaper than anything I've heard? How much of the car is being done? And are you in SoCal if so PM me and let me know the contact at the shop doing this. Thanks.
No, I'm not in So. Cal. I'm in N. Cal.

Ok, my bad, I looked at my notes again that I did research on and it is $600 for the hood, bumper, and fender. I was thinking it was probably $300 for just the bumper and fender. I'm on the fence about doing the whole hood. I just don't like that line you can see with the clear bra where the bra ends so I might leave it off the hood. The place I got a quote from is:

http://www.mistertint.com/PaintProtection.htm