Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bose vs. regular system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
I too wasn't sure what to do and had initially ordered my S with standard audio. I have Bose in my 2012 997 so I had my music on an USB stick. I went to the dealer and tried all three. While I normally just listen to the news I sometimes want music. I could tell the Bose was better than the standard enough that once I heard the difference I had to have it, but probably didn't need it. I could not tell any difference between the Bose and the Burmister. Not because it wasn't better but I'm 74 and I'm sure my hearing could not tell the difference. After 40 male hearing degrades fairly rapidly. Highs and transient response go first.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:24 AM
Dieter is on a distinguished road
Hi,
Point becomes moot in UK if you specify 4 way climate control for the facelift (2015 on) diesel models as Bose/Burmeister are not valid options. Had Bose on 2012 diesel but it appears that ad blue tank (+ 4 way) renders the upgrade(s) invalid.
However I did not know that with PCM 'basic' radio was upgraded so whilst I agree that Bose was 'better' I can/do quite happily 'live' with the (upgraded) basic model.
Cheers

Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 PM
2FAST! is on a distinguished road
I have picked up my new 958.2 CGTS. I wanted the BOSE system but it didn't come with it. But I realized that the regular system does NOT suck at all. I listen to radio talk shows, Music through Bluetooth from my iPhone. The bass and all sound acceptable to me even at higher volumes.

I am sure that BOSE option would sound better but now I think I won't need to do anything to the regular sound system.

*I have 4-climate controls (which are quite useless)