Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clear Bra for Cayenne? Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
coco0045 will become famous soon enough
Clear Bra for Cayenne? Yea or Nay?

I'm just curious how many people out there have clear bras on their 958 p-car? I was thinking of putting it on half the hood, doors and rear bumpers. We are expecting our first child so I was worried with the constant removal of the stroller that the rear bumper will be scratch. I just spent 1300 on the car to redo some minor scratches from the rear bumper and side of doors. I have the clear bra on my 997 and love it especially for the front bumper . So yea or nay for the clear bra on the 958?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
If you plan on keeping it for a while you might as well. But in my opinion, if you are only going to keep the vehicle for a few years I don’t really see the point.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
if
1) it is a keeper
2) u have someone who can perform a good install
3) rock chips bother you

then yes,

.......... if not no.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Got a rock chip on the way to get the clear bra done. So that sucked, but that just solidified my reasoning on why I should get a clear bra. Plus my old car is just riddled with chips in the paint in the front bumper. After spending so much money on a car, this is a small expense in comparison. Only thing I wished I would have done is the full front quarter panel instead of half.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Get the entire car wrapped. Seams look terrible with the lines of the car.
I have my entire hood wrapped and wrapped under edge. No seam.
Front fenders same, rear bumper same.
Mirrors, arms, handles, everything.
Good luck.
Pricing is anywhere from 2500 -5k for an entire wrap. Id never have a different installer than I had.
Perfecto

Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 AM
turbostang has a spectacular aura aboutturbostang has a spectacular aura about
I have my entire Cayenne wrapped. I was originally going to have just the front end wrap with clear film. After the front was clear filmed, the front end doesn't have the jet black shine like the rear. Then I decide to just clear film the rest of the Cayenne.
The clear film definitely protect the vehicle from debris hitting the paint. And if I every get a scratch (doesn't penetrate the film) I can always remove the clear film, and replace it with a new clear film.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Clear_Br...wac_767_16.htm
I keep this inside the Cayenne, to clean the clear film between washes, ( fingerprints, bird dropping, dust and etc.)

http://www.chemicalguys.com/HYBRID_V...wac_808_16.htm
I used this protect after every wash to bring out the gloss and seal the clear film.

Last edited by turbostang; 11-02-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM
rmmcdaniel is on a distinguished road
Full kit was already on my CTT from dealer when I bought it and I love it.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 AM
gte1 is on a distinguished road
It does it's job we'll, but if you want it to look good be prepared to take care of it. Lots more work than paint.

George

Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
aren't the bras a pain when you get your car washed?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
it's a must. even if you keep the car for a year or two. No one wants to buy a car with rock chips. Of course, if you got like gazillion $$$ and don't care about resale then don't worry. My thing is, if you are asking then you care about your car.

I got my front end (bumper, hood, fender, lights, a-pillar, door cups). Mine is met. jet black and looks totally invisible.

Raja

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM
GOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the rough
Yea, absolutely! Only had the front half on my Cayenne but saved the peppering from the gravel. At 4 years old it was time to replace it but well worth the investment IMO.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM
BlackPepper is on a distinguished road
I had XPEL Ultimate on my new Cayenne S when it had 100 miles only. It is a self healing clear bra. I think it is worth it especially on a black car

Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM
If you decide to do it, don't do just 1/2 the hood, I don't think you will like it. It looks like you have black, and you will see the line. You will get wax, sealer, lint from cloths, etc on the seam. Plus, the rocks seem to make it up past the front part of the hood. If you have a custom install done and they wrap the finish lines, it will be pretty much undetectable if you care for it well.

George

Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 PM
coco0045 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gte1
If you decide to do it, don't do just 1/2 the hood, I don't think you will like it. It looks like you have black, and you will see the line. You will get wax, sealer, lint from cloths, etc on the seam. Plus, the rocks seem to make it up past the front part of the hood. If you have a custom install done and they wrap the finish lines, it will be pretty much undetectable if you care for it well.

George
Thanks a lot folks! My Cayenne is black. I'm gonna get it wrap next week. I was gonna have it done tomorrow but too busy. So I should go with the full hood wrap then? I do sometimes hate it when I wax my red 911 that I have to clean the wax off the lines of the clear bra. Someone earlier mentioned that wrapping the hood will decrease the shine. Is this true on the black colored cars? I didn't really noticed the decrease shine on the red 997.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Here are some pictures of mine. Full front end up to the doors, mirrors and door cups. Shine is pretty good I would say. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ar-3m-bra.html.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra for Cayenne? Yea or Nay?