Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 CTT Comfort Entry problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
2012 CTT Comfort Entry problem

Hi guys:
typically comfort entry works every time for me. the seat would move back whenever i am getting out and moves to my original set up (forward) when i get in the car and start the engine.

recently i found out it doesn't do that all the time. (it would still move back when i get out of the car, but when i get back in, often time i will need to press the memory setting to get the seat to move forward to my original setting.) it's almost like the comfort entry setting forgets my original setting..

any thoughts on this?

i dropped by dealer this morning and they will look into it next week when i drop the car off but they suspect there will not be any fault codes even if they scan it... does anyone have the same problem?

on a positive side, the rear view camera should be here in the coming weeks for those of us who are still waiting for it!

mike

Old 11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Truonk is on a distinguished road
Same issue here. It doesn't always go back to my settings so I make it a habit to hit the memory button each time I get in that way it also mutes the radio.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mteddylee
Hi guys:
typically comfort entry works every time for me. the seat would move back whenever i am getting out and moves to my original set up (forward) when i get in the car and start the engine.

recently i found out it doesn't do that all the time. (it would still move back when i get out of the car, but when i get back in, often time i will need to press the memory setting to get the seat to move forward to my original setting.) it's almost like the comfort entry setting forgets my original setting..

any thoughts on this?

i dropped by dealer this morning and they will look into it next week when i drop the car off but they suspect there will not be any fault codes even if they scan it... does anyone have the same problem?

on a positive side, the rear view camera should be here in the coming weeks for those of us who are still waiting for it!

mike
Mike I have the same issue at first I was wondering if I had the right key (or my wife's) but I did this a couple of times with my key and same deal.

Let me know what you find I'd be interested in fixing this.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM
dubai_m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
happens to me alot ,, i am used now as truonk said to hit the memory button to get to my setting

Old 11-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Bill P. is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting this issue. Exact same thing here as well.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
I'm not a fan of comfort entry so I just turned it off. I don't find it a challenge to get in or out of the Cayenne and sometimes I dont like waiting for the seat and wheel to move back into place.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tex94
I'm not a fan of comfort entry so I just turned it off. I don't find it a challenge to get in or out of the Cayenne and sometimes I dont like waiting for the seat and wheel to move back into place.
Yeah, I've never understood the appeal of it on any car I have owned. To be honest the only people I know who use it either have bad knees or for other reasons can't seem to get in and out of cars easily. I mean maybe on a low to the ground 911, but on a SUV, don't see the need.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I too have the problem, but I also have it where the A/C settings and radio stations are different from when I was last in the car. It will go the what I had them at the day before but have had them set differnt the last 2 times I was driving the car. And all this with my same key.
The dealer acts as this is a weird problem and tried a software update which did not help at all, and of course they were not able to replicate it even though it happens to me at least every other day. So I just have to accept that it will happen every 3rd or 4th time I get in the car.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Truonk is on a distinguished road
Good thing to know is that if you get in the cayenne and push the memory button while the door is open, it will automatically move to your set position. That way you don't have to hold the button down till it moves to your set position. Sad thing is that my LTZ Avalanche memory function works better.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 AM
carlom001 is on a distinguished road
same issue here. They replaced one of the modules which fixed a few of the other electrical gripes but I still have this intermittent issue of the seat not returning to the original position. Just hit the memory button and don't worry about it until they find a fix (if ever).

Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
i am taking my CTT in this wed to see if they have a fix for the comfort entry problem.

meanwhile here is what i do to make sure seats always move back:

when i enter the car with doors closed and my foot on the brake, i only turn on the ignition first (first notch), seats will move back to original place. then i proceed to turn on the engine. (i have entry and drive so do not know if this works for regular keys).

mike

Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Same problem here.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Dr99 is on a distinguished road
Happened to me this morning too.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Dbezerra is on a distinguished road
Same with me. Happens all the time - Cayenne V6

Old 11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
+ 1...same thing with mine. 2012 CTT
They did not seem eager to help at the dealer...most likely because there is no fix yet.
They tried to tell me it was because you had to program key 1 with seat 1 and key 2 with seat 2 while having the keys out of the range of the car completely.
I knew it would not work, but I tried anyway.
It did not work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CTT Comfort Entry problem