Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Considering doing a trade for a Bently GT???

Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Considering doing a trade for a Bently GT???

In the initial stages of considering trading my 1 year old CTT for a used 2008 or newer Bently GT or even the Speed. I will be sacrificing the following if I do this:

-being able to drive it to work (cant let employees see a bently)
-less space
-less amenities (infortainment center, ventilated seats, radar cruise, Burmester stereo) the Bently did not update this until 2012.

Have not driven one yet but assuming the ride quality will be wonderful. I hope this thought will come and go, but for now just wondering what others think.
There is a 2010 GT Speed for 150k with about 20k miles on it. The monthly payment on a lease would be the same as my CTT. Or there are several non Speed cars that are convertible or coupe that are selling for less then that with less miles.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i love the 958 but the BCGT is a complete beast. You will seriously not regret it.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
two different cars as stated. I would own one if I needed an extra car for my stable, but I love the SUV and the space.

good lluck

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
Why cant your employees see a bently?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ylincooper
grumble, grumble "where's my raise", grumble, grumble (just a guess)

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ylincooper
Seriously? This topic has been discussed multiple times that business owners are apprehensive about having their employee's see their high end cars in the parking lot.
Its hard to say, "business is not doing that well for raises right now", when you pull up in a bently.
Porsches are not cheap but they do not have the perceived value as a bently does.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Seriously? This topic has been discussed multiple times that business owners are apprehensive about having their employee's see their high end cars in the parking lot.
Its hard to say, "business is not doing that well for raises right now", when you pull up in a bently.
Porsches are not cheap but they do not have the perceived value as a bently does.
100% true.

We have a family business and my Father wanted to get a SLS, went and looked at them and ordered one. It took some time, but we finally convinced him that buying an SLS was a poor decision, that it would draw way too much negative attention, from employees and other businesses on our street.

What I like about the Cayenne or other Porsche cars is that people think yes they are expensive and high end cars, but for she reason people see a Bentley or SLS and think, 'Oh My GOD that car cost 250K!!", whether they do or not.

Even though a Porsche depending on models and options can get very close to that.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
@VinceV. Totally agree. My wife said when she saw my CS "that cost $80K?". One of the reason I like the truck is that it is under the radar. For some, a lack of "OMG that car is sick" is a negative. Not for me.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I forgot to mention that I am getting a MB e350 bluetec (40mpg hwy )
and was planning on driving that 75% of the time to work and my CTT on most other days, and then there is my GT2 for just ****s and giggles. I ordered the bluetec because I was filling up my CTT every 5 days ($100 per fill) driving 1200 miles per month. So that would reduce the miles I put on my CTT and save me in gas payments. So I could just have the CGT for days-off but I like having a beast like the CTT to drive 1 or 2 days to work and it not be so flashy.

For example I got the GT2 instead of a F430, lambo, or R8 because it is not as flashy. My employees did not even know that it was a different porsche then my 09' C2S since they are both white.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I forgot to mention that I am getting a MB e350 bluetec (40mpg hwy )
and was planning on driving that 75% of the time to work and my CTT on most other days, and then there is my GT2 for just ****s and giggles. I ordered the bluetec because I was filling up my CTT every 5 days ($100 per fill) driving 1200 miles per month. So that would reduce the miles I put on my CTT and save me in gas payments. So I could just have the CGT for days-off but I like having a beast like the CTT to drive 1 or 2 days to work and it not be so flashy.

For example I got the GT2 instead of a F430, lambo, or R8 because it is not as flashy. My employees did not even know that it was a different porsche then my 09' C2S since they are both white.
I love that thinking, I'll buy an extra 60K vehicle that I now have to insure and still fuel to save $100 a month in gas cost for the CTT!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by VinceV
I love that thinking, I'll buy an extra 60K vehicle that I now have to insure and still fuel to save $100 a month in gas cost for the CTT!
Damn, I was hoping you did not catch on to that. Where else are you going to get ridiculous justifications for getting a car but these forums. Its actually going to save me much more in gas but overall definitley does not make financial sense and will be costing me much more then saving me. But its good with me.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Damn, I was hoping you did not catch on to that. Where else are you going to get ridiculous justifications for getting a car but these forums. Its actually going to save me much more in gas but overall definitley does not make financial sense and will be costing me much more then saving me. But its good with me.
LOL, that is what's so great abut forums, anything can be justified.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I wasn't gonna comment on this thread, but have decided to anyway.

I totally understand and get the point of why you don't want to drive the BCGT to work. I am a physician, in a small rural area, and completely get the point.

However, I just ordered a Ferrari California. Now, there are about 10-12 Ferraris in our rural area, believe it or not. Few Lambos. Several Porsches (my 958 CTT and a Panny TT). I work 60-70 hour work weeks every single week. I spent 13 years of my life between college, med school and residency getting to where I can take care of my family and myself, and I will be damned if I am not gonna drive what I want.

I am a very down to Earth guy. My patients, a lot of them without prompting from me, call me by my first name. I would let just about anyone look, get into, and probably drive my cars. They know me first, and my obsession with cars second. I am not one bit worried about driving the Ferrari.

If people don't want to associate with me, or come to me as a physician, because of what I drive, then likely they would not have been happy with me as their doctor in the first place.

Life is too short. I see death everyday, and I am not gonna put off something I want and can afford because I am afraid of what someone else might say.

However, that is me. Just wanted to put out a different point of view. Not at all criticizing, as I said, I can completely understand your point of view and respect it.

J

Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM
J,
Thanks for the input, and I would not really be concerned about patients or other offices in the building that send me business. I am only concerned about my employees seeing the car. They know about my porsches but I can downplay the cost and talk about the tax write off and such and they buy into that. But a Bently would make it very hard to explain of why they can't have their raises. They all think they are worth more then they are. I do give raises and big bonuses when it is deserved but they expect to get a raise every year just because.

I remember your post about getting a california, good for you. You have the right attitude, enjoy it!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Good luck with you decision man.

At first blush, my recommendation was gonna be keep the CTT. However, I think I would go with the BCGT.

Those days you will drive it will be awesome!

J

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering doing a trade for a Bently GT???