Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Placed Order Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
Placed Order Today

First, just want to thank everyone who makes this place a treasure trove of information. Special gratitude to wOOt, Jason, and carnuts for their Olive recommendation. Wound up with :
White
Two-tone leather interior in natural leather Espresso/Cognac
Sport Design Package with Side Skirts
Panoramic Roof System
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass
Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights in Black
LED Rear Lights Tinted Black
Wing Mirror Painted
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake
21" 911 Turbo II Wheel with Wheel Arch
Extension
20-inch collapsible spare wheel
Cargo management
Premium Package Plus
18-way Adaptive sports seats
Natural Olive Interior Package including Selector Lever
Extended Grab Handles Trim Package in Natural Olive
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Voice control
SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio + HD Radio®
Compass Display on Instrument Panel

I almost bought an '09 TurboS at the very end of its model run. Wound up with an X5M instead. I've had no regrets, but have never gotten the Cayenne out of my mind. It should take about 3 months until delivery.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Congratulations on a wonderful build. You're going to love it. I see you went with PDCC & PTV a la carte in order to get the multi-function wheel. My wife has the sport package (sport steering wheel w/paddles) and I did what you did. My biggest regrets is not getting the sport package. The sport wheel looks better, has a better feel and you get the paddles. As far as the functions on the wheel, they are all on the car with the sport wheel just in a different place - not hard to reach. Plus it costs less. Glad to see you got the PCCB brakes. I have them, my wife's doesn't. Hers squeal and get a lot of brake dust. The PCCBs solve the problem.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Vitaman, your due diligence will pay off handsomely come April 2012. Stunning build. Curious to see how white matches with E/C interior. Headlights and tail lights is black would be a great touch. We can't wait. X5M is not a bad bridge vehicle either. You lucky son of a gun. Enjoy these beauties safely my friend.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 PM
93RSAmerica is on a distinguished road
Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I've seen the white - espresso/cognac combination. Fabulous.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:20 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
I have gone back and forth on the Sport Package so many times! Gripes me that I have to spend more to get a no cost option steering wheel. The dilemma looks like this:
I like the look of the Sport Wheel better. I rarely or never use paddles. I like having all controls at my finger tips. I use volume control on the steering wheel daily.
One salesman told me point blank that he would hate to see me making the mistake of not getting the MF Wheel.
I have poured over every post here and on Rennlist on the subject. More people are enthusiastic over the MF than Sport. My very informal info gathering would put it somewhere around a 75% preference. I have only driven the MF. The Dealer has no Sport Wheels on the lot. Anyone in the Atlanta area with a Sport Steering Wheel?
Considered waiting for the Turbo S....but who knows when that will be and wanted to sell or trade my X5M while there was still a significant amount of Warranty left.
An interesting note: I dealt with 3 salesmen. Every one of them independently tried to dissuade me from Ceramic Brakes (they are just for racing, expensive to maintain, I'll just paint them yellow for you for a tenth of the cost and you'll never know the difference)
I've always wanted them and almost convinced myself that they were too expensive....but my emotional side held sway and I'm getting them!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
If you like the feel of the alloy shift paddles then you gotta go with the sport wheel. Why don't you drive any other P-car that the dealer has with this wheel and decide. The MF steering wheel is great to have in a SUV and the shifts are not lightning fast on a Cayenne unlike a PDK equipped vehicle so honestly I don't miss the paddle shifts in the Cayenne. Turbo S will be hard to resist for you guys who will never say no to more power
Plus it will have some stuff thrown in as a bargain to make the package hard to resist. If you want PCCB's go for it. Please don't let the salesman talk you out of it. I do think it is overkill but every single person who has them say they would never go back to steel brakes. No brake dust alone is worth the price of admission and the pedal feel is supposedly divine.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
emag is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vitaman
I have gone back and forth on the Sport Package so many times! Gripes me that I have to spend more to get a no cost option steering wheel. The dilemma looks like this:
I like the look of the Sport Wheel better. I rarely or never use paddles. I like having all controls at my finger tips. I use volume control on the steering wheel daily.
One salesman told me point blank that he would hate to see me making the mistake of not getting the MF Wheel.
I have poured over every post here and on Rennlist on the subject. More people are enthusiastic over the MF than Sport. My very informal info gathering would put it somewhere around a 75% preference. I have only driven the MF. The Dealer has no Sport Wheels on the lot. Anyone in the Atlanta area with a Sport Steering Wheel?
Considered waiting for the Turbo S....but who knows when that will be and wanted to sell or trade my X5M while there was still a significant amount of Warranty left.
An interesting note: I dealt with 3 salesmen. Every one of them independently tried to dissuade me from Ceramic Brakes (they are just for racing, expensive to maintain, I'll just paint them yellow for you for a tenth of the cost and you'll never know the difference)
I've always wanted them and almost convinced myself that they were too expensive....but my emotional side held sway and I'm getting them!
Totally agreed with W00t for the MF though I have yet to drive one with SSW (I never consider them useful in a SUV).

I'm still in the bargaining process before placing order for a CTT. Just wanted to contribute a little on the PCCB.

Funny thing is that 3 sales guy here told me the exact same thing that they will paint the brake calibre to yellow for me. They also told me the brake will squeak and takes a long time to warm up etc.

I never test driven a Cayenne with PCCB before, but I did have a Maserati MC Stradale that has CCB comes standard. I like it a lot more than steel brake. At first I thought it will be pretty rough especially the initial bite, but I think CCB is a lot more smooth than the steel brake I'd on X6.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Congratulations on a wonderful build. You're going to love it. I see you went with PDCC & PTV a la carte in order to get the multi-function wheel. My wife has the sport package (sport steering wheel w/paddles) and I did what you did. My biggest regrets is not getting the sport package. The sport wheel looks better, has a better feel and you get the paddles. As far as the functions on the wheel, they are all on the car with the sport wheel just in a different place - not hard to reach. Plus it costs less. Glad to see you got the PCCB brakes. I have them, my wife's doesn't. Hers squeal and get a lot of brake dust. The PCCBs solve the problem.
Funny, my experience is opposite from yours. PCCB on the 997 squeal and the steel on the Cayenne don't. Go figure

I do agree on less brake dust, but I still wash them the same because you still get road grime and regular dust.

Last edited by kw911TT; 01-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice build. The wait is a killer but when you pick her up in person, such a nice feeling.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:47 AM
finiteyoda is on a distinguished road
As others have said, very awesome build. As someone who just finished a 4 month wait, I know the waiting can really suck, but it'll all pay off once you get her

Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
So which model is it? V6, S, Hybrid or the Turbo?

All of the sport wheels are the same on 911, Panamera... If they don't have in Cayenne just test drive other models.

If you never have PCCB before then you should get it.

Last edited by kw911TT; 01-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Just to give you an idea of what you are looking forward to...

Great spec BTW. Almost identical to mine, except for the grab handle bits and I have RSE. I also don't have the 18 ways (bolsters were just too much to deal with) nor the Sport Design...

Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Also, regarding the sport steering wheel vs MF. I, for one, love the Sport Design wheel. To me, just completes the interior and is SOOOOO clutter free. Everything you want to do is controllable from voice control or the stalk on the bottom right of the steering wheel. I just don't see the need for the MF. Also, I use the paddles 100% of the time. I prefer to shift on my own. True, not as fast as DCT, but pretty damn good.

As an aside, consider the telephone module. I love it in mine. I have AT&T service (will be useless to you if you don't use a GSM phone) and with my Android phone (unfortunately not my iPhone) the SIM is slaved over bluetooth and uses the aerial mounted antenna. Nice to read texts on the nav screen as well. Rumor is iPhone 5 will have the rSIM feature.

J

Old 01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Last post, which dealer did you use? I bought from Hennessy...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Placed Order Today