Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sound system glitch when playing CDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Sound system glitch when playing CDs

Hi Guys,

Having a problem when playing CDs through the Burmeister system - the sound goes away for a split second and then returns. This happens infrequently/completely at random/cant be replicated, but is rather annoying. It especially happens when using the forward button to go to the next track - almost sounds as if the CD gets stuck for a millisecond......

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Seasons greetings to all!

Cheers,

Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 AM
finiteyoda is on a distinguished road
I've started noticing a similar issue playing music thru bluetooth, I wonder if it's not the CD player, but just the stereo itself. Could be maybe an amp clipping issue? You could maybe ask your dealer, I have a feeling debugging this problem's gonna be tricky, since it'll be difficult to isolate what system is causing it.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM
jesh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
I've started noticing a similar issue playing music thru bluetooth, I wonder if it's not the CD player, but just the stereo itself. Could be maybe an amp clipping issue? You could maybe ask your dealer, I have a feeling debugging this problem's gonna be tricky, since it'll be difficult to isolate what system is causing it.
I have this happen randomly with bluetooth iPhone and also through wired iPod I could see this happening with bluetooth, but with the wired iPod it is throwing me off.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
DanK is on a distinguished road
happens to me too with both wired ipod and bluetooth iphone 4. always happens after I come to a stop...

Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Same any ideas would be appreciated. My dealer said they'd have to keep the car to replicate the problem. Don't really feel like leavin it at the dealers do they can not figure anything out and I'm in a crappy loaner. The problem became more and more frequent as time went on. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the problem stopped and hasn't come back for a few days, well see. Seems like it might be a software issue if that's the case.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
I dont seem to have a problem when the iPOD is connected directly - interesting to hear that you seem to be experiencing this. I found that if you like to skim through CDs while searching for your favorite track, it may cause it to occur more often or when the outside temperature > 25 degrees celcius - becomes more frequent.

Dealer has taken the unit out, checked connections, software checked.

Cheers,

Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Interesting, also I'm using the Bose system. At least its not isolated to one system, a more widespread problem could find a solution faster. Never use CD's so I can't comment on its functionality.