Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 CS Rants

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by dw9982
I just want the damn memory seat to work
Glad I am not the only one with the problem. I have spent more time resetting my settings. Is it really necessary to have a ten step process to hold the memory settings. It's infuriating - German over-engineering at its finest. After my experience with the Cayenne, I ordered a manual seat on my upcoming 981 Boxster S.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
synk will become famous soon enough
I agree. To go beyond this, it should just be enabled all the time. There doesn't really need to be an option to disable cruise. I also don't have the habit of accidentally pressing buttons.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I prefer this. I dislike that so many manufactureres make the cruise a 2-step process every time I start the car. If I use cruise control, I'm aware that I'm turning it on. I see the light. If I don't the light, and come off the throttle, and the car keeps going, that's a reminder that I need to apply the brake (or press the cancel button).

This is preference. But I must say, it is my preference. I don't have a habit of accidentally pressing buttons (except for the PDK buttons on the wheel - horrible placement, in my opinion).

Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 PM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Perhaps...
...But how about mentioning the superior performance on the road and how much fun it is to drive?
I would say that,at the very least,deserves a word or two
In my humble opinion,these trivialities pale in comparison
Obviously, I loved the car enough to buy it for the Mrs. But this is a rant thread. The good does outweigh the bad, and I'd 120% pick the same car over again. Heck, I regret getting one for her because now I want a turbo, but it'd be silly to have two of the same rides in the garage.... however, these are things I feel are little oversights that can make the car that much closer to perfect.

And while I'm at it, another annoyance:
The auto wiper function is a single detent up on the stalk. But the manual wipe-once feature is 2 positions down from there. It has been showering here in Cali, and when mist hits the windshield that doesn't catch the rain sensor (ie when a the car in front hits random misting puddles over and over again), I would have to turn off the auto wipers, push down once to manual wipe, then push it to notch up again to auto for the next flash shower that hits or it'll stay off.

BMW's implementation with a button that activates the auto wiper feature is better in that it stays on and I can manual wipe anytime without having to re-turn on the auto wipers.

Last edited by V10M; 05-03-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Does your Cayenne have a roof rack and/or roof rails? I've not driven a Cayenne with these options installed but the positioning of cross bars can make a big difference on windnoise in many vehicles. I have to believe that's true in the case of the Cayenne as well.
No rails. However, since I took it in the last time for the headlight recall, I haven't heard it again. Even though I haven't had much seat time, I hope it was the headlight causing a whistling sound. I can hope....

The weird thing is that it sounds like it's coming from above, however, even when the roof is open, tilted or closed doesn't make it go away. titling it just brings it in cabin (as does opening it). It's more faint when closed. Which leads me to believe that it cannot be the seals of the sunroof, but another source.

I gotta drive it some more before it goes in again. The shop foreman was very nice and went on a ride with me, but I couldn't reproduce it at that time (I heard it clear as day going there).

Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
I just learned that the rear hatch can be opened by the driver, but not closed?

WTF?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
There is a company called Kufatec that makes a module enabling you to close the hatch using your key fob. I ordered one but it has not arrived. Here's the link: http://www.kufatec.com/index.php?mai...e1l91emt2dqip0

Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vitaman
There is a company called Kufatec that makes a module enabling you to close the hatch using your key fob. I ordered one but it has not arrived. Here's the link: http://www.kufatec.com/index.php?mai...e1l91emt2dqip0
Thanx 4 the link V
Still have not found anything to rant about,but I will be sure to let y'all know as soon as I do
I just like my pepper more n more everyday