Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Mr.Brightside is on a distinguished road
The dash clock on my 2013 V6 just stopped also. I have an appointment for service tomorrow.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
thegap1 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Originally Posted by danac123
I have had my car for about 3 weeks and it just stopped 2 days ago when I was messing with the settings. My dealership is 2 hours away is it something I have to take in to fix or can i do it my self?
The dealership is going to have to get involved. I have also had mine right at three weeks. I didn't even make it out of the parking lot before it started acting up. Then within 24 hours it just died. They ordered a replacement clock on 8/17 and it still has not come in yet!

My VIN is dated July

Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by danac123
I have had my car for about 3 weeks and it just stopped 2 days ago when I was messing with the settings. My dealership is 2 hours away is it something I have to take in to fix or can i do it my self?
I would not chance it. Firstly they determined the fix trough use of their diagnostic equipment. Then the harness was discoed and a tool was used to remove the clock from the dash. No damage at all.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM
danac123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thegap1
The dealership is going to have to get involved. I have also had mine right at three weeks. I didn't even make it out of the parking lot before it started acting up. Then within 24 hours it just died. They ordered a replacement clock on 8/17 and it still has not come in yet!

My VIN is dated July
Yea, my VIN is dated July as well, my dealer just emailed me and said bring it in.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Well I got my clock replaced at the dealership today. They told me that there is an issue with the original vendor and the clocks in the 2013 MY. They replaced it with an "upgraded" stopwatch style clock that looks totally different. I'm not sure if I like it more or less than the old style, but it is growing on me. They told me this is an $600 part...I should've asked if they could replace it with the dash compass, since I'm sure that's probably what the compass costs.

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Brightside
Well I got my clock replaced at the dealership today. They told me that there is an issue with the original vendor and the clocks in the 2013 MY. They replaced it with an "upgraded" stopwatch style clock that looks totally different. I'm not sure if I like it more or less than the old style, but it is growing on me. They told me this is an $600 part...I should've asked if they could replace it with the dash compass, since I'm sure that's probably what the compass costs.
Glad you got a replacement. Tomorrow is week three since they ordered
a replacement and it hasn't showed up.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:33 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
The connector pin was not installed properly. The harness was disconnected after the pin was inserted and after reconnecting the clock has worked fine ever since. Actually I am surprised with the 10 minute fix time as mine stopped while I was doing the personal settings the first nite of ownership, so I did not think a faulty connection would be the culprit, as I did nothing to the clock setting.
My suspicions were correct.
Clock stopped again today while CTT was parked in the garage so it had nothing to do with touching any settings
Second hand again stopped at 60

Old 09-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Okay, my patience is wearing I bit thin now. A replacement clock was ordered over three weeks ago and the dealer has not heard a word as to when it will arrive. A Cayenne can be built quicker than it takes for a clock to arrive? I asked whether I can substitute the analog with a chrono and they explained that I would have to contact PNA for them to make the call since it is quite an expensive upgrade. I called PNA but it was to late in the day to reach anybody with any pull to make a decision. My dealership explained that they still have not heard anything about the clocks being defective and the only thing they know is that a replacement analog is on the way. I understand things can go wrong but it is a little ridiculous that the biggest upgrade to the MY 13, a clock, couldn't be done correctly!?!?!?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
PCNA called today. They acknowledged there is a problem with the analogs in the 13 models and said that they will will be replaced with the chrono by the dealership. A bulliten should hopefully be out this week and there will be no more guess work with what to do with future analog problems. She also explained that there should be plenty of chronos in the US so we will not have to wait on European shipments. Now we are at the mercy of the bulliten coming out before the dealership can make the swap.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
My 2012 has a clock but it doesn't look like the 2013 clock. Haven't had a problem with my 2012 clock. Take heart, the 2013 "broken" clock is at least exactly right 2 times a day. My working clock is only close all day.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by thegap1
PCNA called today. They acknowledged there is a problem with the analogs in the 13 models and said that they will will be replaced with the chrono by the dealership. A bulliten should hopefully be out this week and there will be no more guess work with what to do with future analog problems. She also explained that there should be plenty of chronos in the US so we will not have to wait on European shipments. Now we are at the mercy of the bulliten coming out before the dealership can make the swap.
I'm glad it looks like you may finally get some resolution to this annoying issue. With the number of bad clocks, it should be a recall.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Between times, can anyone give me the VIN code for the car with a clock installed, no sport chrono.

I'll tell you, I want to put the clock in the 2011 car without a compass, but our market now sell only cars with sport chrono package, and it is not possible retrofit as I can not get the activation codes from the manufacturer. I think install clock will be easier, but I have to know VIN and see if there is for this car their activation codes, do not want to buy a useless toy for five hundred bucks)

Thank a lot.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Is that a photo of the old or the replacement clock?

EDIT: never mind, I see the label on the face is different.

Last edited by steph280; 09-14-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by steph280
Is that a photo of the old or the replacement clock? Looks exactly like the ones in 2012's.
The picture I posted is the new replacement. The old one they replaced is the one in the video in the first post of this thread. One odd thing I did notice about the new clock. The setting to illuminate the clock has to be checked for the clock to function. Before that was not the case.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:34 AM
The picture I posted is the new replacement. The old one they replaced is the one in the video in the first post of this thread. One odd thing I did notice about the new clock. The setting to illuminate the clock has to be checked for the clock to function. Before that was not the case.
How did the swap go? How long did they keep your vehicle? Was it a "FLAWLESS" replacement with absolutely no signs of scratches or anything to the dash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock