Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock

Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM
bkmk5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
My replacement clock took about 45 minutes.. It has worked fine since.
Was it the same one Mr BrightSide got?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
The replacement was identical to the OEM analog clock.
It was NOT the sport chrono version, which was fine with me, as all I wanted a clock that worked.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
bkmk5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
The replacement was identical to the OEM analog clock.
It was NOT the sport chrono version, which was fine with me, as all I wanted a clock that worked.

Same here. Finally got around to bringing it in last week and it was replaced with OEM clock. Just glad it works.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WFBlue
It is upgradeable: $497.00 from Porsche.

Or $4.97 from Amazon

Old 12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds about right.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 AM
kev_song will become famous soon enoughkev_song will become famous soon enough
Just got my replaced after waiting for them to come in on back order. Same clock....though its a minute behind the digital clock...Uggghh! I hope there is a recall soon.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 AM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
2000 miles in on my CD and the clock stopped. My dealership just did a reset. We will see how that works out for me.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:19 PM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
The second hand fell off my clock today and is sitting at the bottom of the dial......not amused.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:39 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mthaynes
The second hand fell off my clock today and is sitting at the bottom of the dial......not amused.
Not a big deal to fix. You have to R&R the clock - not hard to do - then unscrew the bezel on it - put a tiny dab of Duco cement on the second hand shaft and carefully push the second hand back on it. The Duco will make certain it will never ever come off again. Let it dry overnight - Duco puts out some fumes that might attack the inside of the clock plastic glass.

To R&R the clock:

- Harbor Freight sells a set of interior upholstery/panel tools identical to the ones the Porsche dealers sells. HF's price is often $3.99 on sale. Porsche dealer is typically 10x that. Your choice.

- Stick fingers into the vent on the passengers side of the center top dash panel, gently pull up a bit. Wedge one of the plastic tools under the lip now revealed (if you have a leather dash - I'd suggest painters tape around the dash panel protecting the leather..) Lever the tool a bit to lift the edge. Put another tool further under the edge. Twist a bit - and the side clips on that side should be released. There are two of them.

- Go to the drivers side of the panel and repeat.

- You now have both vents/wings released. There are two clips on the front of the actual center panel, and two clips on the back. These are ones that go directly down into steel retainers in the dash. So - wedge one of the plastic tools under the front edge and gently work it free. Pull up once it's free and the back ones should release.

- You shouldn't break anything doing it this way. Just don't be a gorilla about it.

- Reach behind the clock and find the wire going to it - follow it to the clock - there is a plug going into the back of the clock. The plug has a retaining clip on one side - it has to be depressed to release the plug. Fiddle around until it releases.

- You can now remove the clock and panel and bring them into your desk. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the clock in the panel.

- Hold body of the clock in your right hand - facing your left hand. Grasp the silver bezel with your left hand and turn anti-clockwise. It will unscrew.

- The white lighting ring will fall out. No big deal. It goes back easily.

- Look on the floor until you find the second hand. Try not to run it over with your desk chair. Pick it up.

- Tiny (toothpick end size) dab of Duco on the end of the second-hand shaft.

- Using gentle finger pressure - push the second hand back on the shaft.

- Let sit overnight

Assembly is the reverse of disassembly.

Took longer to write this then it would to get my tools and do it.

Last edited by deilenberger; 12-17-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:55 AM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Not a big deal to fix. You have to R&R the clock - not hard to do - then unscrew the bezel on it - put a tiny dab of Duco cement on the second hand shaft and carefully push the second hand back on it. The Duco will make certain it will never ever come off again. Let it dry overnight - Duco puts out some fumes that might attack the inside of the clock plastic glass.

To R&R the clock:

- Harbor Freight sells a set of interior upholstery/panel tools identical to the ones the Porsche dealers sells. HF's price is often $3.99 on sale. Porsche dealer is typically 10x that. Your choice.

- Stick fingers into the vent on the passengers side of the center top dash panel, gently pull up a bit. Wedge one of the plastic tools under the lip now revealed (if you have a leather dash - I'd suggest painters tape around the dash panel protecting the leather..) Lever the tool a bit to lift the edge. Put another tool further under the edge. Twist a bit - and the side clips on that side should be released. There are two of them.

- Go to the drivers side of the panel and repeat.

- You now have both vents/wings released. There are two clips on the front of the actual center panel, and two clips on the back. These are ones that go directly down into steel retainers in the dash. So - wedge one of the plastic tools under the front edge and gently work it free. Pull up once it's free and the back ones should release.

- You shouldn't break anything doing it this way. Just don't be a gorilla about it.

- Reach behind the clock and find the wire going to it - follow it to the clock - there is a plug going into the back of the clock. The plug has a retaining clip on one side - it has to be depressed to release the plug. Fiddle around until it releases.

- You can now remove the clock and panel and bring them into your desk. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the clock in the panel.

- Hold body of the clock in your right hand - facing your left hand. Grasp the silver bezel with your left hand and turn anti-clockwise. It will unscrew.

- The white lighting ring will fall out. No big deal. It goes back easily.

- Look on the floor until you find the second hand. Try not to run it over with your desk chair. Pick it up.

- Tiny (toothpick end size) dab of Duco on the end of the second-hand shaft.

- Using gentle finger pressure - push the second hand back on the shaft.

- Let sit overnight

Assembly is the reverse of disassembly.

Took longer to write this then it would to get my tools and do it.
Thanks so much. I will give e this a try this am!!!!

Old 12-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much to deilenberger for the how to on making this fix below are some pics for other users:

The problem

Name:  IMG_0841_zpskkrqrehf.jpg
Views: 1979
Size:  96.8 KB

-Stick fingers into the vent on the passengers side of the center top dash panel, gently pull up a bit and the clips center on that side should be released. Repeat on the driver side. No tools were necessary. the dash gave up the center section by gently pulling on the vents

Name:  IMG_0840_zpsmiz8de1s.jpg
Views: 1956
Size:  93.6 KB

- You can now remove the clock and panel and bring them into your desk. Use a torx screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the clock in the panel.

Name:  IMG_0842_zpsrs34vh3h.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  236.8 KB

- Remove the white lighting ring it lifts out.

- Tiny (toothpick end size) dab of adhesive on the on the end of the second-hand shaft. I used a fast setting craft adhesive designed for jewelry making. My girlfriend is a crafter so I had this adhesive handy.

- Place the second hand back on the pin with a pair of tweezers then using gentle finger pressure - push the second hand back on the shaft. The second hand is fragile so be carful

I let the adhesive set up for a few hours. only use the smallest amount of adhesive.

Name:  IMG_0844_zpsice6gcaq.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  272.8 KB

resemble the dash in its entirety Good to go you saved yourself $$$

Last edited by mthaynes; 01-05-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:55 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Sorry I wasn't as clear as I'd hoped - all the center vents, with clock, without clock, Boze, Burmester, whatever are one piece. It's held down with two clips on each side of the vents, then two clips in the rear of the center piece, and two clips on the front of the center piece.

And the pics are a great addition to the thread! Thanks!

Old 12-28-2016, 12:55 AM
chsu74 is on a distinguished road
This is only a clock and not a chrono right? You don't have to align the second clock to zero?

Old 12-28-2016, 07:20 AM
Mine was just a clock. I did not realign the second hand to zero. I did not think of doing that to be honest.

I don't believe the second hand does the "zero dance" like the minute and hour hands do when the clock wakes up after the car has sat for a bit, but I could be wrong I suppose my clock could be off now, but I certainly have not noticed.

Last edited by mthaynes; 01-05-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 PM
CKKrause is on a distinguished road
'14 Diesel just dropped the second hand on the clock... Dealer is replacing under warranty next week... Says 1/2 hour... I think they've done this R & R before...

-Chuck

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock