Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Extended LED comfort lighting package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
iMHO for $845 I would not fool with it. Actually if you figure in the cost from Suncoast and the fact that you still do not get all the LED as from the factory option, it not a big deal in a $110 + vehicle
I was lucky. My car was at the dealer oreads with 7 miles so I did not have to tease myself with options. No mark has option lists like Porsche...$285 for embossed fron headrest crests. Hell my Ferrari was $467 for full interior stitching. Price out a Porsche....so for options it's really how much you r willing to spend.
te sport option with PDCC And PVT is a nice option for spirited driving

Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Yes I am thinking the same thing about ordering the LED package with the car.

PDCC And PVT is already a must for my order.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
That's smart
My car had not had the PDI when I stopped by so I test drove a new CTT without the sport package. I also had a very early 2003-4 CTT.
The difference with PDCC and PVT is enormous
BTW I also got the Exclusive Aluminum gear shift from Suncoast as it was not on the car. It's gorgeous.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
iMHO for $845 I would not fool with it. Actually if you figure in the cost from Suncoast and the fact that you still do not get all the LED as from the factory option, it not a big deal in a $110 + vehicle
I was lucky. My car was at the dealer oreads with 7 miles so I did not have to tease myself with options. No mark has option lists like Porsche...$285 for embossed fron headrest crests. Hell my Ferrari was $467 for full interior stitching. Price out a Porsche....so for options it's really how much you r willing to spend.
te sport option with PDCC And PVT is a nice option for spirited driving
You do get exactly the same number of LEDs when you order from Suncoast which is 18 of them. These are genuine Porsche factory parts. It's only changing a light bulb, how difficult can it be? It's not rocket science.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by TGED
You do get exactly the same number of LEDs when you order from Suncoast which is 18 of them. These are genuine Porsche factory parts. It's only changing a light bulb, how difficult can it be? It's not rocket science.
And what about the LED lighting in the mirror on the sun visors.
This would involve more than changing a light bulb?.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Hi TGED.

What about the Exterior lights (mirror puddle lights on the underside) was there a discussion about not be able to get to those easily? Or are they already LEDs? Thanks.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM
The comfort light pkg gives you mirror puddle lights in incandescent, extended LED pkg will upgrade them to LED. To get access to the bulbs you need to remove the small screw that holds the bottom plate in place.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 AM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
From the sounds of it.. i was under the impression there was no incandescent lights on the under side of the outside mirrors and that from the "wording" of the extended light package that it would "add" led's to the underside of the outside mirrors but everything would just be in led form instead of incadescent.

But it seems like the underside of the outside mirror housing does have a incadescent bulb that's replaced with led with the extended led package?..

Anyways I agree with TGED that most of the light housings should be easily accessible but I can imagine how the ones on the mirror can be tricky since.. I own an auto body shop but I haven't gotten delivery of my CTT nor do I have one in the shop so I can't confirm.. and usually those are pretty flush and easy to mar the painted surface.. I mean.. I'm confident in doing it but.. heh.. sometimes it's just weighing out if you want to spend the effort to get all the options from suncoast or just pay for the convinence of having it already there.. even if it's over priced =P..

Like.. for me the tipping point was the exclusive option of having the grills, bottom of mirror and base and that trunk spoiler thing painted in glossy black for like over 2500+ dollars! Now for that.. I'll take the time to disassemble the pieces in my shop and paint them in my spray booth glossy black and feel like it's worth it to save that 2500+ dollars .. but guess everyone has their level of comfort and opinion about it right? heh.

Larry

Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Hey Larry,

I agree with your thinking. I have to laugh at myself trying to find ways to avoid paying Porsche their extra little charges for every option. Ready to spend $130,000 on a high end car and thinking of prying things open here and there to save a few bucks.
I already have contemplated doing the LEDs myself and got done last night reading the instructions on doing the illuminated door sills myself .

I am handy with wiring and installing but after reading the details I think I'll pony up and check the box on the order - HA.

I sat in a cayyene the other day with the Burmester and brought a cd that I use for comparing systems and I was surprised. After reading everything I could find on here about the Burmester system I was disappointed in the low end with the subs. I thought it was going to be like my basic home subs going way down in frequency but it wasn't there for me. The system sounded really clean which is a strong point but I am going back again to play the same disc in the BOSE (and I don't like BOSE). Sorry for the rant.

Great info everyone. You make the whole experience enjoyable.

Rob.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 AM
You need to have comfort light pkg to get incandescent mirror puddle lights, extended LED pkg will replace them with LED, but it is possible to order extended LED pkg without comfort light pkg, in that case the mirror puddle lights remain in incandescent, confusing, ah!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Sorry, correction. If you read the description in detail, my understanding is if you get the extended LED without comfort light there will be no mirror puddle lights.
With Porsche it is frustrating that you often need multiple upgrades to get what you want.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM
TGED-- understood. I will probably give in to them and order both- HA!

I have been studying all the details on the options for a long time and am still learning something new all the time. Still have to decide on Burmester, clock vs compass on dash and trying to see what the aluminum clad rocker panels look like. I guess its all part of the excitement. Never owned a Porsche before.

Rob.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM
You almost need a lawyer to read these things.
I will go for the free clock, you can get a compass display on the main PCM screen. And also the small round screen in front of the driver tells you what direction you are going.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. I really like the way the clock looks also. I just hope it works or is easily fixable since so many people are having problems with them.
I am trying to sell my Mercedes SL500 and then I will start the order going.
When will you be ordering?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I have put down $1000 deposit for a 2013 Cayenne, Feb built, Mar delivery. We have until Dec to finalize all the options. We like to get the panoramic roof but all the pkgs only include regular sunroof, and if you select pano roof and a pkg you pay full price for the pano roof, no credit from the regular sunroof. This is the case in Canada, I don't know about the U S ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended LED comfort lighting package