Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Extended LED comfort lighting package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Mr.Brightside is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
I have put down $1000 deposit for a 2013 Cayenne, Feb built, Mar delivery. We have until Dec to finalize all the options. We like to get the panoramic roof but all the pkgs only include regular sunroof, and if you select pano roof and a pkg you pay full price for the pano roof, no credit from the regular sunroof. This is the case in Canada, I don't know about the U S ?
This is the same in the US. I ordered the Panorama roof without a package sunroof credit. IMO, it is well worth it over the standard moon roof. It makes the interior cabin seem more spacious and open.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
OK...... We'll bite the bullet and take the pano roof, ouch!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
OK...... We'll bite the bullet and take the pano roof, ouch!
You won't regret it
Name:  DSC01392.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  192.0 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01392.jpg (192.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
You also get a compass in the turbo in the small round instrument guage as part of the different items you can display under vehicle settings.
For example my screen shows in order of the line items:
Radio channel
turbo boost in psi
Miles till empty
compass
date
time
temperature

Last edited by RAKLAW; 09-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Hey Larry,

I agree with your thinking. I have to laugh at myself trying to find ways to avoid paying Porsche their extra little charges for every option. Ready to spend $130,000 on a high end car and thinking of prying things open here and there to save a few bucks.
I already have contemplated doing the LEDs myself and got done last night reading the instructions on doing the illuminated door sills myself .

I am handy with wiring and installing but after reading the details I think I'll pony up and check the box on the order - HA.

I sat in a cayyene the other day with the Burmester and brought a cd that I use for comparing systems and I was surprised. After reading everything I could find on here about the Burmester system I was disappointed in the low end with the subs. I thought it was going to be like my basic home subs going way down in frequency but it wasn't there for me. The system sounded really clean which is a strong point but I am going back again to play the same disc in the BOSE (and I don't like BOSE). Sorry for the rant.

Great info everyone. You make the whole experience enjoyable.

Rob.
Rob.. funny thing i was reading your post back and forth and.. I also have a SL550! 2007! Except.. I'm not selling it ;( sad thing is.. when I first got it.. the same day I walked into safeway and saw the car and driver magazine and it says something like.. top 10 most depreciating value car the moment you drive it off the lot.. the SL550 was number 1 xP hahaha.. I never plan to sell it but since I got the very first year that came out with the "550" engine.. I went thru a transmission, starter.. ENGINE (balancing shaft wore out due to defective material or bad material).. while the engine was being replaced at the dealership the bracket for the top broke so I couldn't retract it.. and updated it with a new bracket that has a "X" brace molded in.. =P.. still have it.. but now I have to replace the pulsation dampener for the power steering pump ;(...

I ordered my 2013 CTT on my birthday on June 30th.. It was suppose to have arrived already in 3 months but since the factory in germany takes a vacatoin every year.. it was delayed a month so this past tuesday it got built! verified and inspected.. I got my VIN number.. it's on it's way to me!!! Suppose to be here the second week of Nov, i live in san francisco.

I got all the pano roof.. burmester sound system, carbon ceramic brakes, all the air suspension, chassis control thingy.. led this.. led that.. lit up side sills plate.. etc etc etc..

I'll post pictures on the led package ..

Larry

Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
WOW !!!! Great story Larry. I am really surprised your SL550 gave you that many problems. Mine is a 2005 SL500 and I have had very few problems but I also haven't put many miles on it- less than 18,000 !
I really love this car but it has to go for me to get a CTT.
As far as depreciation, I have been heartbroken over the last few years watching it plummet in value. I never would have guessed that it would be so steep. It is a fantastic car and showroom looking, yet I will be taking a severe beating on it.
Someone told me Porsche holds its value better so that will be nice if it holds true. I have to keep reminding myself

Congrats on ordering all the goodies and getting a killer SUV. (except for the long wait )

Attached Images    
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 AM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
Rob, Yea I'm surprised I had all these issues.. it started early on too.. I thought the shifting was off but it didn't become a real issue til like 15,000-20,000 miles. I've also had weird things happen.. being a mechanic I know BMW and MB are known for electrical issues but.. for example I hit the button to open my garage door and my driver side windows roll down!!!... with the transmission issue, on the freeway I would lose the ability to change gears, I would press on the paddles or shift **** and the number on the gear selector on the dash would change but the car wouldn't shift! haha.. or at a stop light.. light turns green.. I press on the gas.. no reaction at ALL for a sec or two.. then KA BOOM! the car full throttles like as though as I'm drag racing! hahaha all bad.. but.. yea =P.. now i have 45,000 miles.

Luckily I never bought cars for resale value cuz I try to keep them all til they.. well. die.. but yea..

And thanks! It's a modivation to work and it's a self accompolishment in my life. I have pics of the SL 550 posted on my fb, if you have fb you can log in and go to www.facebook.com/littodevil click on the photos and then "My Toys!" those pics were taken when I first got it back in 2006.

I plan to line the underside of the hood with some SMD led's and light up the engine bay when I have it propped open ..

Larry

Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
That is messed up Larry- all those problems with such a new car. I can't even guess why all that sht would happen?

I used to drive my cars till they die also but I kept this one like a cherished girlfriend out of the elements and always admiring her in the garage.

The wheels on your 550 are my favorite Mercedes stock wheels. But I must admit that I was too busy looking at all your beautiful girl friends before I got to the car

The extra power from your 550 to my 500 is very noticeable which is very cool.

The under the hood LED's should like nice and impress the ladies- ha

Chat with you later, Rob

Old 02-19-2015, 03:23 PM
sayadil is on a distinguished road
Guys

Thinking of also opting for the interior led lighting package from Porsche as a techequipment option for 1000 USD

My car is a base diesel model which comes with hardly any lighting as in there's only ambient lighting from roof dome n reading lights a light in footwell that fades out and small light in door panels under arm rest which lights up small cubby holes and no other lighting which stays on in the car. My car has plane outside mirrors with no puddle lights either.
Now if I opt for this 1000 USd comfort lighting package with dealership... Would I get puddle led a led strip light belong Center console towards thigh area any led light on door panels and I'm talking about LEd strip lightning not just changed LED bulbs in door opening lights or lights that are already present ... Can someone shed some light what extra lights would one get mainly LED strips with this package any pics please thanks will help a lot making this accessories purchase decision

Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 PM
One more question

Would any of these new lights and LEDs have any added option under lighting menu in multifunction display as of now under lighting and then interior lighting I have two options only ambient lighing intensity and fade out time.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:20 PM
There is no LED strip at the center console, Panamera has it. You do get LED strips at all 4 door panels along the arm rests.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:15 PM
There is no LED strip at the center console, Panamera has it. You do get LED strips at all 4 door panels along the arm rests.

I have a panamera diesel itself. but have no led lighting around centre console or anywhere else in the car right now. the only light which stays on while i drive is a light below armrest which is pointing toward door cubby hole. if i order the comfort lighting package would i get any led strip (extra lightning not just replaced bulbs which only turn on with door open/close at this point) along door panels (below the length of whole armrest) and Centre console (along the seam of control panel near our seats). Cause if the lighting package is only led bulbs instead of existing lights then its pointless for a 1000 USD option as one can easily do it themselves. Also if they do add extra lights it would be nice to have an option to turn their intensity dim or bright using multifunction display like you can do in a Audi Q7, my last car.

I feel porsche cheats you big time with options and price ratio

Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 PM
You need to get the Extended LED PKG on the Panamera in order to get the LED strip at the center console.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:54 PM
You need to get the Extended LED PKG on the Panamera in order to get the LED strip at the center console.
Yeh just spoke to the dealer with interior light package all they do is switch all existing bulbs with LEDs and put two strips along the Center console and that's it for 1000usd there is no strip on the door handle or anywhere else. Feel it's not worth the price

Old 02-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Aside from the 2 center strip LEDs, all the other bulbs can be easily replaced with aftermarket LED bulbs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended LED comfort lighting package