Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Extended LED comfort lighting package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Extended LED comfort lighting package

I have done a lot of searching for details about this option with little luck.
Does anyone have this who can explain it better than Porsche or even better have pics of this $845 option?
It also makes me wonder what you would get if your checked it off but didn't check the first $250 option "Light Comfort Package with Memory Package".

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
You do not get any additional lights with the extended LED pkg, you get certain lights such as footwell lights, trunk area lights etc, in LED, normally these lights are only turned on when a door/trunk is opened. You can get the same pkg from Suncoast Porsche Parts for half the price and install them yourself which should be fairly easy. The comfort light pkg is a much better deal because you get various interior lights in LED and these lights do stay on during night driving.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
TGED are you sure? The reason I ask is.. I got the package too but from the way how it's worded on the website.. it didn't seem like it was a "direct replacement" of led over incandescent light.. heh I guess the only way to be sure is to check one out without it and see if there's any light at all in those areas lol..

Well I checked them both off so I'll see what I get in Nov ..

I just re-read it.. "Lighting package that includes exterior and interior LED lights: footwell lighting in front and rear, inside luggage compartment lighting, navigation lighting at rear lid and doors in front and rear, glove compartment lighting, sun visor lighting. Note: in conjunction with comfort lighting package (order no. PP5) additional courtesy lights on the exterior mirrors will be provided as LED lights"

Come to think about it.. It says lighting package includes exterior led lights.. All the cars I know that has exterior lights are led as they are more direct and has a smaller packaging than to use incandescent bulbs on the outside of the car.. not to mention I've never seen any car with incandescent bulb that lights up the outside like under mirror or door handles or etc.. so without the lighting package there basically wouldn't be any external led lights.. but with the package there would and not as a replacement.. right?... I think?.. haha.. I guess someone who has a cayenne can chime in and confirm..

Larry

Old 09-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

The LED lights in the conversion kit are very specifically made for the Panamera, and are a direct plug and play. The only thing complicated is hooking up the center console accent light, some diassembly is required there.

If you order the car from the factory with this kit, you do also get the mirror LED's. Not something that we can retrofit, but we have seen them.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 AM
The kit for Cayenne is different, it does not have the center console light.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Exterior lights mean the mirror puddle lights on the underside, they only turn on briefly during locking and unlocking.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhhh, gotcha. Haven't seen that on the 958.

We do have aftermarket LED's, a coworker installed it on his 958. A bit of work to get the housing apart, but he's happy with the upgrade.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Yes I have it on my MY13 CTT.
I did not order the car, but I got it almost as it came off the truck.
The extended LED pkg is very kool. I have not seen it on any other orders as yet. Every interior light is LED including little strips on the top of all the armrests.
As the rear tailgate opens, the lights on the jamb of the lid are all leds.
The red LED lights that act as the exit lights on the doors are also very nice.
As Porsche options go, $845 is a bargain. It is very hard to get a decent picture of the lights.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:24 AM
The little LED strips above the door arm rests are part of the comfort light pkg, not the extended LED pkg. My salesman confirmed with me there are no additional lights in the extended LED pkg.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
OK;
Did not know the difference in the packages.
If I was ordering a new Cayenne I would not hesitate to check that option box. The LED lights that surround the sun visors are nice as well.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM
The comfort light pkg will get you all the interior lights that are normally on during night driving in LED including the overhead horse shoe light and other ambient lights. The extended LED pkg will RELPACE the remaining lights with LED, these lights usually only turn on when you open or close something, eg, doors, trunks, glove compartment, sunvisor.
One exception, the LED reading lights are also part of the comfort light pkg.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
hagel is on a distinguished road
I have the Light Comfort Package with Memory Package and was just at the dealership yesterday complaining about it... turns out I should have checked the Extended LED as well, as it does update additional lights to the LED lights.

My complaint is that the lighting on my car is totally mis-matched. The horseshoe, reading, rear, and door panel lights are all LED (which give off a nice LED color), although the trunk and side mirror lights are non-LED. So at night, when I lock / unlock the car, there are multiple colors all over the interior / exterior of the car. It bugs the $H!T out of me.

I'll probably look into upgrading all of these with LEDs in the future so everything matches better...

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Suncoast Porsche has the extended LED kit for $425. You save half the price when you DIY.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
This is great info guys- Thanks.

Still trying to figure it all out. I am pretty handy and could probably do the LED conversion but not sure if I shouldn't play it safe and go for the Extended LED option.

Any more comments are welcome. I have been studying the various options and still putting together what will be a Turbo order. Thanks, Rob.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Those light housings and covers are originally designed for incandescent bulbs which do require replacement from time to time, so removing the light covers should not be too difficult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended LED comfort lighting package