Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear Hatch storage compartment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
patrickt888 is on a distinguished road
Rear Hatch storage compartment

Just notice this Storage compartment on the rear hatch, but it's empty. Was there anything that was supposed to come with the SUV inside this storage area ?

Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 PM
furryjet will become famous soon enough
It's the storage for warning trangle, but somehow mine is empty too. Guess cars in north america don't come with them? My lexus IS has the straps for warning trangle too but doesn't come with it either.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
Porsche used to include the safety triangle as well as a first aid kit but they did away with it starting back in 2010.
You can ask your dealer for a safety triangle and/or first aid kit but I am sure they will charge you!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
Those items are req in Europe along with a Hi-visibility safety vest. Therefore the storage.

Do Euro pick up and you will get them included ;-)

Mine is empty too.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
patrickt888 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BlueLodge400
Porsche used to include the safety triangle as well as a first aid kit but they did away with it starting back in 2010.
You can ask your dealer for a safety triangle and/or first aid kit but I am sure they will charge you!
Must be one of those $800 option I did not picked

Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
its stupid that porsche saw fit to include a jack and a spare (non hybrids) but no warning triangles.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
I did Euro delivery and yes they put one up there (it holds 2). I took it out when I dropped the car back off and took it home in my suitcase. I had heard they might remove it if I left it in there. You can buy them from Suncoast, etc.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

A perfect fit!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
CHENJK is on a distinguished road
Great post, I was looking for the answer. My 2012 Cayenne purchase in Toronto did not come with it too. Dealer told me it was for repair of the tailgate.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
You'd think with the over-qualified folks seeking under-employment these days, Porsche dealers should have the luxury of picking those that show sufficient initiative to actually read the owner manuals specific to the models he/she sells. Or perhaps this one was the GMs son- or daughter-in-law

//greg//

Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 AM
VT911sc is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there- I have a 2014 Cayenne with this same compartment. I bought (used) a triangle in the red holder, which looks fairly standard for Porsche/VW/Audi and older Cayennes (i.e., they all look exactly the same with the same markings)... But it doesn't appear to fit. Do you take it out of the red bin? Or, is there a different type? Thanks!

Old 11-30-2016, 09:04 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by grohgreg
You'd think with the over-qualified folks seeking under-employment these days, Porsche dealers should have the luxury of picking those that show sufficient initiative to actually read the owner manuals specific to the models he/she sells.
I checked my owner's manual, the 'Good to Know' app and porscheownersmanuals.com. Nothing mentioned the triangle or the panel in the tailgate.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by VT911sc
Hi there- I have a 2014 Cayenne with this same compartment. I bought (used) a triangle in the red holder, which looks fairly standard for Porsche/VW/Audi and older Cayennes (i.e., they all look exactly the same with the same markings)... But it doesn't appear to fit. Do you take it out of the red bin? Or, is there a different type? Thanks!
There are different types. There's a post on a VW forum related to this:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post36061083

I wouldn't mind having a triangle. The question is, which one actually fits in the space in a '17 GTS?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:47 AM
VT911sc is an unknown quantity at this point
So, thanks to the post, it does seem like the slot fits two of them, but you need to take them out of the container. My 2014 cayenne fits the one in the top of the pix above. I bought it on Ebay used for about $25 and it was advertised as being for a 2003-06 Cayenne. I hope this helps others.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by VT911sc
So, thanks to the post, it does seem like the slot fits two of them, but you need to take them out of the container.
Not sure about that. That is, there's apparently different sizes of the triangles and larger ones don't always fit. Plenty of other vehicles are using triangles like this, stored in the red container. I've just not yet confirmed which part accomplishes that in a 2015+ 958 (assuming 2015-onward all have the same hatch cubby).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Hatch storage compartment